PDA

View Full Version : Scared about a lump that I found in my neck/jawline :/

Jsp
03-10-12, 21:45
I've had this lump for roughly a year now. I went to the doctors when I first noticed it, and she said it was due to my lip piercing which I had on that side. My body was apparently fighting against it which made the closest lymph node swell, which happened to be the one in my neck. I took it out, but it never went. I've ignored it ever since, but get worried from time to time about the dreaded c word as it didn't go after I took out my piercing:(

It's just under my left earlobe on my neck, right next to where my jawline starts. It's a hard, doesn't move and is only about 1cm in size. It's never grown or shrunk in size since I first noticed it. It does sometimes get a little sore but only when I start poking at it.

I'm just really worried. I don't want to go to the doctor as my family are a bit fed up with me going all the time, and I can't really go without them knowing.

If anyone has any advice then that would be great. So fed up with it all :(

saab
03-10-12, 21:55
My daughter had a very similar thing - same size, same place. The gp said it was swollen lymph glads, even though she had no other symptoms (like fever) and hadn't been ill. It actually took several months to go, and went very, very gradually.

It does sound like what you have is the same thing, but I would go back to your gp. If you have had it a year, with no change in size, or other symptoms, I can't think it could be anything serious - but I would go back as you've had it for so long. He/she may well just give you anti-biotics or send you for bloodtests. You can often have a phone chat with gp's rather than a visit. Maybe you could do that.

Jsp
03-10-12, 21:59
I've had several blood tests since it and nothing has ever come back alarming, and had a few courses of anti-biotics for other things. So I don't really know :/. I have read that lymph nodes sometimes never go down, so it could be that fromt he piercing?

I want to go back but my family will just moan at me as I always find something to worry about, which is always something trivial and normal. Plus I think my doctor is getting a bit fed up with me too!

cazmayov
04-10-12, 20:39
Since you don't want to go, the best option is a phone chat.

Jsp
07-10-12, 20:17
I think I'll have to boko an appointment soon.

Whenever I start to fiddle with it, the area around it starts to hurt :(

---------- Post added at 20:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:54 ----------

I'm worrying so much right now :( everything I read about hard, unmoveable lumps that last over a month says that its cancer! Mines been like this nearly a year! Its all that's going through my mind at the moment :( I measured it and it was just over half a cm which isn't big, but its definitely swollen as I can feel it.

I'm so worried right now :(

almamatters
07-10-12, 21:09
Currently going through same thing, amongst other health probs all fuelling my anxiety , have lump collar bone area which has now been there for 6 months. Been told by 5 doctors including one at A and E, that it is probably harmless, but to me it is hard and unmoveable. Had numerous blood tests, all clear. I know what you are going through, I have got myself in such a state about mine, G.P sending me for a ultrasound.

Jsp
07-10-12, 21:14
Hope everything is okay with yours! When do you have your ultrasound? And how big is it?

I've had several blood tests relating other stuff, including one pretty extensive one which basically tested everything, and it all came back fine.

almamatters
07-10-12, 21:24
Mine is about 3 cm and like yours area around it really hurts. Going for ultrasound in couple of weeks . Even though GP thinks it's harmless, I am worried sick about it all.

Jsp
07-10-12, 21:27
Aww I know how you feel. Although it's great that your doctor thought it was harmless. Your results will come back the same too :)

almamatters
07-10-12, 21:36
Thank you, hope all o.k. with yours, sure it will be.

Jsp
07-10-12, 21:39
Thanks. Keep me up to date with your lump and your results!