PDA

View Full Version : lets do this together!

cocohac
04-10-12, 08:57
Hello everyone,

My CBT therapist has got me to do a task this week for my HA. She has told me to select a day where I will not think of illnesses and worry about my Health. If I do have these thought I must be firm with myself and do something that will take my mind off what illness I am thinking I have.
I have decided I am going to start today and try not to think have I got cancer am I ill.

Who wants to do this exercise with me?

We can write on there how it went.

It is going to be hard but I really want to get over this HA that has been ruling my life for 15 years

Helen

Devyn
04-10-12, 09:44
It's not always not thinking about it, you can't ever get rid of it from the back of your mind... it's just teaching yourself to convince yourself you don't. i've been suffering from HA for like 7 months and it's gotten worse ever since a few weeks ago. and i still have brain fog/weak legs/some fatigue
i'm trying to be as healthy as i can, eating salads, taking supplements. try all of that and it'll get better. please get better.
i'm praying for you.
-Devyn

cattttt
04-10-12, 09:48
Training the mind like this so you can choose what to think about really works, but it does take time and effort. Good on you for trying, you obviously know inside that you are not ill, so you have to convince your mind of that. I've been working on this for some time now and have got to the point where I can catch myself before it gets too far. Good luck, give it a good try.

cazmayov
04-10-12, 20:57
Here a meditation video I have found. It helps you to relax. Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgUAfkAdoWA)