PDA

View Full Version : Is this success?

pennypanic
04-10-12, 12:04
So,today it's kind of rainy and not hot as usual...I got up really early,made myself eat a rye crisp and drunk some chamomile, along with my 0.25 mg of xanax.Had 2 cigars and read some success stories on the forum.
After a while I thought taking my car and try shopping something for myself.For the first time after 3 months, that I had an 3 hour severe panic attack on my car while driving to work, I've managed to drive myself to a supermarket which is quite close to my home but in one of Athens most busy and traffic road.I reached there, parked and went inside the supermarket,no palpitations...Nothing!I went and bought myself a working out machine for legs and arms.Drove out and got stuck in traffic and red lights.Still I was so scared,I tried singing,watching out of the car,in general distracting myself.I went to anothersupermarket afterwards and bought myself a yoga mattress!!!!Seriously,I did not even had a short panic thingy!!In both shops I waited kindly at cues and not having that awfull feeling of fainting (well maybe a bit,but that's my fear I guess)!!!
So,I came back to my parents house where I live atm and had a cigarette rewarding myself.
Now,the point is,is this success?Is it me?Is it xanax?Or is it Cipralex?I'm on day 18 (11 on 10 mg).Is it all in my mind?Was I just inside my safety zone?
I don't understand why I have to think like that,that was a success for me,but still not pleased with myself.Pfff.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 12:09
I would say that is success! Well done :yahoo: We need to see any positives as success and the more we think we are making progress the better it will get. Even when a bad day sometimes comes later we can always remind ourselves of the good days and know we can overcome this :)

paranoidtree
04-10-12, 12:12
i agree, i'd say that was a success :yesyes:

pennypanic
04-10-12, 12:18
I am really hoping it is me and not the meds :mad: I've been through a lot the past 2 years and anxiety kicked in badly.I don't drink alcohol,caffeine and sodas since my panic attacks and I am a healthy eater. I had 4 pa in July and then got so scared that I stopped driving,going to work,going somewhere alone,became kind of agoraphobic.I don't like meds but it's 3 months now that I can't concentrate on anything,not even tv.
So, I guess I have to take this as a success.

Laura123
04-10-12, 12:32
That my friend is success, massive well done to you and thanks for sharing it with us, it's stories like that, that give the rest if us a little more courage to go out and try it too. Long may it continue xxx

Elle-Kay
04-10-12, 13:05
Of course it's a success - well done you! :D

electrical_stormgirl
04-10-12, 13:06
Definite success I'd say :D

pennypanic
04-10-12, 13:43
Thank you so much,you give me courage to carry on :blush:. You seem to be the only ones that completely understand me.

shannonwells830
08-10-12, 03:26
I believe that was a success. Keep it up penny. :)

josh1987
08-10-12, 05:16
anythink that make's you feel good about your self is a success

blingkasa
08-10-12, 12:22
It is a success, and how great that you have experienced it , keep on going ! Well Done!