PDA

View Full Version : Hello new here

Tri
04-10-12, 13:25
Hello everyone, I'm a new member on here..

I thought I would join as this site has some really useful information and have been informed from another member that this site is great site to get help, hence why I joined.

I'm currently on medication and have two weeks to come off my diazepam, which am feeling very nervous about plus not getting help from the mental health team as much and the GP as well.
Been suffering from depresion for 12 years, and I'm rock bottom now, currently taking Mirtazipine 30mg, not to sure if this medication works on me, but have been informed from my care coordinator that this medication will be reduced from the hospital, so scared of moving forward in life and yesterday did not help, when I visited the GP, he informed me I have to live with this through out my life, and the only person who can help is the doctors down the hospital, which makes me feel I'm stuck in mud and don't know what to do to come out of this feeling.
I suffer from Anxiety, and coming off Diazepam, I'm nervous of the with draw all sumpotons and my anxiety.
the problem with me is that I do not know if the medication I take works on me, I'm stuck at present and need peoples support on here please..

Annie0904
04-10-12, 13:29
Hi :welcome: Have you been offered any counselling? That is really helpful. Anyway you will find lots of support on this site I am sure :hugs:

nomorepanic
04-10-12, 13:36
Hi Tri

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tri
04-10-12, 14:40
Hi thanks for the replies back on here, it's really helpful knowing there is support on here, thank you from myself.

Counselling wise, after my diazepam, I have been informed I need to go for CBT, which being honest I have had in the past, but currently scared of the side effects the medication might have on me once I stop diazepam, as I can not leave the home alone, I suffer from anxiety and depression, have been like this for 12 years, but have gone really down hill now, got a job to motivate my self and do things in life, plus when going out I think what other people are thinking of me and don't feel comfortable.

Is there any meets in the areas, where people can get together and offer help.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 14:42
If you look at some of the older posts there are some about meets in various places :)

Tri
04-10-12, 14:45
Thanks for your help on here :), I'm new here and just getting to grips on this website, it's going to take me time to get use to this site as there is alot of information on here and slightly confused which buttons to press and how to function this site.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 14:53
what region do you live and I will see if I can help you

Tri
04-10-12, 14:57
Thank you, I'm in the south east region, I typed meets in the search menu on here but am slightly confused.

Thanks for helping me out on here.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 15:08
Look before the text box that you reply to me on, under the blue bar there is a box saying Forum jump...scroll down and you will see no more panic meet up and get togethers. Then click go and it will bring you to the posts about different get together's'

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Sorry that should say below the text box not before lol

Tri
04-10-12, 15:11
Thanks Annie for you help on here, you have been really helpful, thanks once again.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 15:14
Did you find it? x