PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Citalopram

dorah
04-10-12, 15:27
Hi..I'm new to this forum. I've been taking Citalopram for about a months now and I see from other posts that early side effects are normal. But a side effect that is continuing that is really bothersome for me is excessive sweating!! To the point that I can't even hug people when I greet them because my hair and clothing are drenched!
Does anyone else have this problem and did it subside in time...or get worse!

little scientist
04-10-12, 16:08
Sweating does affect some people.

First time I was on it I used to wake up in the night drenched from head to toe, I can't totally remember if it affected me long term or not sorry, but I think it did improve over time. This time round its not so bad, just sweating a bit more than usual under the arms

Sparkle1984
04-10-12, 21:16
I seem to sweat more in bed, and I'm 8 weeks in. It doesn't really affect me during the daytime though.

Laura1989
04-10-12, 23:09
I always a bit of a sweaty betty...even before the citalopram, but now it does seem worse. Ive found a good deodrant that does what it promises on the tin and keeps my underarms clean and dry, cos i get it a bit through the day sometimes as well as through the night, it depends what im doing!
I has got better during the day now I've been on cit for roughly 7/8 weeks (lost count!) but still at night i wake up drenched!