PDA

View Full Version : My day so far....

loopylu86
04-10-12, 15:37
So I was determined to make the most of today and do something productive..So I went shopping! I went to the nearest city retail park and bought a lovely new blouse and even circled the Outfit store several times browsing. I then popped into Asda living to get the new Katie Piper book (£3.86...and to think I was going to buy it for £9.99 in Waterstones the other day) I then had a little browse around Boots and bought some Bach's rescue night spray..I pulled it out of the box when I arrived home and was spraying it and having a smell..thinking "well this isn't going to help on my pillow" only to discover on further investigation that it's actually an oral spray..DOH! I have heard a few mention this...How do you find it's effects? I concluded my trip with a stop at Blockbuster for some DVDS and then drove home via the petrol station and had a text from a friend saying she would pop in when I got home. She stayed for about 45 mins and it was lovely to see her. I have done all this today...DESPITE feeling disconnected...Everything seemed abit too bright and I did have to take my coat off due to having a sweat flash in Asda but I took some breaths and continued distracting...Not easy...but I did it!!!:yesyes:

Annie0904
04-10-12, 15:41
Hahaha oh Lu you really made me laugh out loud then thinking of you going to spray the rescue night on your pillow!!! I love my rescue night spray and the rescue spray all day! My son used to say it was psychological for me then one day he had an exam and asked to borrow it and he said it really does work!
What a positive day you have had :yahoo: Well done to you :)

loopylu86
04-10-12, 15:47
How quickly do you feel the effects Annie? I had two sprays when my friend was hear and she left about 45 mins ago. I am in bed yawning away now. I could use a sleep lol. It did get the night one. Probably shouldn't of sprayed it lol x

MRS STRESS ED
04-10-12, 15:54
aww im so pleased to here you had a good day good on you :yahoo:

loopylu86
04-10-12, 15:57
Thank you very much! I see that you had a good session too?! Excellent!! xx

Annie0904
04-10-12, 16:01
I only use the night one before bed! That is why it says night...no wonder you are getting sleepy :D Oh well at least you will have a relaxed evening

loopylu86
04-10-12, 16:05
Lol. I just got too curious and wish I hadn't now because...It REALLY works. I feel like this before bedtime usually!! lol x

Annie0904
04-10-12, 16:07
I am pleased it is working for you anyway even if it is only 4pm!!!

Laura123
04-10-12, 16:08
FANTASTIC! Well done chicken, thats a brilliant day! xx

notsogooduk
04-10-12, 16:12
Lol. I just got too curious and wish I hadn't now because...It REALLY works. I feel like this before bedtime usually!! lol x

Is it like a nasal spray type thing or like a vicks where it is just for the smell? I might have to pop to get some!

Annie0904
04-10-12, 16:15
You spray it in your mouth and you can't overdose on it so you can use more. You can also get in a dropper bottle if you prefer.

pennypanic
04-10-12, 16:24
Thumbs up!!!You go girl!!!I went out for some shopping as well today.I tried to have some nap,but still it's kind of hard for me.

Magic
04-10-12, 18:59
had a awful day today, maybe its because i have stopped taking propropopol ( if thats the proper name) felt really mithered when i went to town, I managed to
lose a purse with money in that was not mine. I went to report it at the police
station.No cards in it, so i did not have that to deal with that.,
so I bet someone's having a good time at my expense:mad: if some one hands it in
it will be a miricle

loopylu86
04-10-12, 19:07
Awww Sorry you had a crap day. I once lost a purse and the cash was gone but all cards and license etc were in there. Abit cheeky but I suppose finders keepers...at least they had the decency tohand the rest in..So I didn't really mind. I also lost my iphone at a JLS concert..Luckily due to the main audience being children..My phone was handed in. God bless that person whoever they were. They could of sold it for a few hundred quid. I know everyone says it but I AlWAYS hand stuff in. I have a bit of a headavhe this evening but I think this is due to my tight neck. I just need a massage I think!

Elle-Kay
04-10-12, 19:11
Pleased you've had a good day Lu :) Asda are great for books, aren't they? I only ever shop at Waterstone when I have gift vouchers nowadays!

Edward_1980
04-10-12, 19:12
I'm delighted that you had such a good day. Keep up the good work. You're doing great :)

Annie0904
04-10-12, 19:13
magic sorry you have had a bad day. My daughter once got £20 out of the cash machine and as she was putting it in her purse someone ran past and snatched it out of her hand. I always hand stuff in if I find it and have taught my kids to do the same.

Magic
04-10-12, 19:22
Thank you Loopy. I have never lost anything outside the house before,usually forget where i have put things in the house. one thing I will never be is organised.
I need a week just to sort papers like reciepts out:doh:
I bought a new umbrella as well---will it work---N0,its going back.
I went to buy some magnesiam from health shop, had they got them in ---NO,
so all in all I am :shrug:

loopylu86
04-10-12, 19:28
Thanks Elle-Kay and Edward!!

Asda is amazing for books. I am a right little worm! My book collection is huge..My tastes range from the excellent Perfume by Patrick Süskind (one of my faves since teens) and the more "spam" kind of read...aka a good old Jackie Collins lol. Can't beat one of them by the pool on holiday (ahh the anxiety free days) although actually come to think of it I remember experiencing high anxiety in Greece in which I spent £17 to make 5 min call from the hotel reception to call my partner on his mobile at the time who was back in the UK on the night shift driving a Lorry...Just to see that he was alive. I ran from one side of the complex to the other in the middle of the night to make that call. Wow...So strange that I forgot that. Now that was pure anxiety in it's strongest form. Does anyone else have a strange anxiety when abroad?

Totally lost track..Oh yes!...My sister has a voucher at the moment for Waterstone which she kindly offered for my book but instead text me literally 10 mins after I had exited Asda to say that she had just bought it for me in Tesco! LOL. Our receipt transactions were exactly 20 mins apart!!

Annie0904
04-10-12, 19:31
My husband bought me a kindle last Christmas, I wasn't sure about it at first because I like a 'book' but have got used to it now and it is just so easy to download.

loopylu86
04-10-12, 19:34
My husband bought me a kindle last Christmas, I wasn't sure about it at first because I like a 'book' but have got used to it now and it is just so easy to download.

My sister is obsessed with hers but I love the smell of a good book and I get a real satisfaction from seeing my collection build..I think they are excellent when on the go etc though!! The fact that you can carry hundreds with you!!

MissHDynamite
04-10-12, 19:40
Well done Lu! Pleased to hear you rewarded yourself with a new blouse :D

I also had a little acheivement today.. went into the local shop twice and had a little time on my own at home..

Which leads me to think how we should start a new thread on challenging ourselves.. things that we keep putting off through lack of motivation at home or even if its taking tiny steps to go out.

Keep each other motivated without any pressure if we don't manage to do it...

Let me know what you all think x

loopylu86
04-10-12, 19:50
Well done Lu! Pleased to hear you rewarded yourself with a new blouse :D

I also had a little acheivement today.. went into the local shop twice and had a little time on my own at home..

Which leads me to think how we should start a new thread on challenging ourselves.. things that we keep putting off through lack of motivation at home or even if its taking tiny steps to go out.

Keep each other motivated without any pressure if we don't manage to do it...

Let me know what you all think x

Excellent idea!! You create the thread..I love hese positive threads..Maybe then we could all write down what we have achieved that day. Even small things..Love this idea xx

Elle-Kay
04-10-12, 20:00
I'm a bookworm too, but my (sprawling) collection is largely historical (fiction or non-fiction, I'm not fussy). I particularly like Barbara Erskine, Alison Weir, Philippa Gregory, Anya Seton and biographies of history's strong women :)

paranoidtree
04-10-12, 20:06
So happy you had a good day today Lu!

Laura123
04-10-12, 20:07
I think that's a great idea about the thread too x

MissHDynamite
04-10-12, 20:22
Done it :) x "Let's See What We Can Achieve" x

panickygirl
05-10-12, 12:56
Well done, sounds like you're having a nice productive day. I think it's good to have those moments where you feel yourself maybe beginning to 'go' (like in Asda for you maybe?) and be able to pull yourself back and stay in control. Really reassuring! Enjoy the sleepiness as well, it's good to feel relaxed :-) xx

Magic
05-10-12, 15:39
My day turned out well so far. I had the purse I lost yesterday handed in at the bus
station. So off I went to collect it,they could not give me the name of the person who had taken it in. I really wanted to know so I could thank them.
There was no money missing. Thank goodness as it was not my money,as I shop for my daughter. I thought I would not get it back in a million years, so there are
honest people in stoke-on-trent.--- also I returned the faulty umbrella back to the
shop only to find i was not putting it up the correct way:doh:
Anotherday nearly gone, no housework done, but I had the purse back.
Take care everyonex

Annie0904
05-10-12, 15:44
My day turned out well so far. I had the purse I lost yesterday handed in at the bus
station. So off I went to collect it,they could not give me the name of the person who had taken it in. I really wanted to know so I could thank them.
There was no money missing. Thank goodness as it was not my money,as I shop for my daughter. I thought I would not get it back in a million years, so there are
honest people in stoke-on-trent.--- also I returned the faulty umbrella back to the
shop only to find i was not putting it up the correct way:doh:
Anotherday nearly gone, no housework done, but I had the purse back.
Take care everyonex

So pleased that you got your purse back and to know that there are good, honest people about :)

panickygirl
05-10-12, 16:17
Excellent idea!! You create the thread..I love hese positive threads..Maybe then we could all write down what we have achieved that day. Even small things..Love this idea xx

I love this idea too! xxx