PDA

View Full Version : Introduction: anxiety and so on

Accept
04-10-12, 18:12
I'm in my late thirties, and I've been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was at least ten. Anxiety isn't only a heavy burden in itself, but it's also exhausting: I lost two jobs in a row earlier in 2012 because of concentration problems and not being able to sleep. I was also in an abusive relationship for almost ten years, and I managed to leave last year; this has made things worse and added nightmares.

Since losing the last job, I've been living off savings; there have been offers of other work, but I don't dare to try in case I lose it in the first few weeks. My partner has health insurance and I'm seeing a therapist for CBT. It's been surprisingly helpful; I didn't even realise the extent of my anxiety until in the last few weeks I was able to put it down for a few moments. If I told you it was like losing a brick or a tightly-clenched fist in my stomach, would you understand?

I found this place via from a local anxiety group in Runnymede. I haven't managed to make it to any of their meetings yet, but there was a link here on their site. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.

nomorepanic
04-10-12, 18:22
Hi Accept

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Annie0904
04-10-12, 18:24
Hi :welcome: I hope you find lots of support here.

Daniel Copp
04-10-12, 19:11
:welcome: and know you're among friends.

MRS STRESS ED
04-10-12, 19:35
:welcome:you will find alot of help and support here

MrMan
05-10-12, 00:27
Feel your pain regarding work, the concentration issue is so frightening and all that with a new job.

I did manage to come back from a depressive episode into a stressful job once though, it is possible but difficult. I had to re-focus constantly, ignore anything bad going on, keep calm and trust myself to do some..any...work whilst there. I came up for breath and it was already over a year since I'd started.