PDA

View Full Version : really anxious about side effects

gordie1
04-10-12, 20:30
I have severe gastritis and I went to see the GP today and she gave me domperidone but I read the leaflet about side effects and it freaked me out it can cause very fast heart rates and I stupidly googled it and it made things even worse for me. Now I am in a lot of pain and too scared to take it. I have had indigestion non stop for 3 days and I am just about demented. I am going away for a weekend tomorrow with my church people that I know and I think I trust and I am worried about what happens if my anxiety comes back in the middle of the night in a strange location 106 miles away from home. And I will be travelling in the rush hour as well I really want to go

Stormsky
04-10-12, 20:32
You need to take the medication if you want relief from pain... Doesn't mean you'll get all the side effects on leaflet...

Annie0904
04-10-12, 20:35
I have taken domperidone before for nausea and sickness and I was fine with them. My husband always tells me not to read the side effects because if I do I get them!!

gordie1
04-10-12, 20:39
I know what you mean Annie I am the same !!

bernie1977
04-10-12, 20:56
I've had gastritis on two occasions in the last 3 months. I took domperidone and omeprazole and I had no bad side effects.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon

gordie1
04-10-12, 21:03
Bernie how long did yours go on for? Mine has been happening since Tuesday morning and I just find it worrying it can go on as long as this

bernie1977
04-10-12, 21:10
I couldn't eat anything substantial for the first 6 days as I felt so sick. I would have the odd cracker and a bit of banana. My throat felt burnt as I was regurgitating stomach acid all the time. It took me 10 days until I felt anything near normal. It depends how bad your gastritis is and what has caused it, it can go in a few days or be a recurring problem for months.