PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if it's my heart going wrong

Pansy
04-10-12, 20:35
I'm feeling really bad just now. My left arm is really aching and my body feels as if it's pressurised and about to explode. At the moment I am shivering. Can't seem to shake off these symptons they feel very real and not like the usual anxiety stuff. I suffer from high BP but am on medication, and I worry that a heart attack or stroke will come along.
I've been like this since this morning when I did a BP read which was really high. It sort of went off a bit this afternoon, but now it's back and I feel like I'm going to explode. I don't know if to ring the docs or go to the hospital. I never used to have prolonged anxiety attacks (if thats what it is). Usually they lasted for an hour or so. Now I'm worried.

regal
04-10-12, 20:47
Try NHS direct as they can ask a few simple questions to see how you feel. Do what makes you feel comfortable. so don't hesitate to even go to the hospital if you feel you need to.

Pansy
04-10-12, 22:38
Thanks regal. I decided to wait a bit, and things have calmed down quite a bit. Just feel quite tired.

I will speak to my Dr about it when I have my next check up, or if it happens again before that I will make an appointment to see her. I am begining to wonder if the BP meds are causing this because they don't seem to be doing much for my BP, and the doc wants to put me on additional tablets. I wonder if anyone else has had problems with BP medication.