PDA

View Full Version : Yoga and acupressure/refloxology

Mrs Bloom
06-08-06, 07:28
This is really two separate topics. I am currently taking a tricyclic a/d for depression with anxiety. It was helpful at first but now the effect seems to be tailing off. I have wondered for some time about the benefits of yoga, not the deep spiritual sort, just classical and de-stressing and stretching. I also have read a lot about reflexology and am quite interested in that. i can't afford any expensive classes or treatments and would it find it difficult to find childcare but would prefer to do it myself at home. I have access to a big local library so many books on both subjects are available. Has anyone any positive feedback on either ? Thanks ! [8D]

Dave777
06-08-06, 08:41
Hello Mrs Bloom.
My partner does Yoga once a week, she says it is helping, I suppose it depends on the proficiency of the teacher.

She would email if you want more info.?

Dave:)

Mrs Bloom
06-08-06, 08:52
Thanks Dave, I'd appreciate any advice available !

Piglet
06-08-06, 13:02
Yoga

I started doing yoga a few years ago now and try to do it at least twice a week if not more. Not only is it keeping my body quite flexible but the breathing techniques you learn really help. It's amazing just how much tension we hold in our muscles and this form of relaxation exercise really seems to help.

Here are some dvd's that I really like:

1. Yoga Zone for beginners.
2. Yoga for beginners - Joy Nielen-Groen

I got these off Amazon.

Reflexology

Now this is another subject close to may heart as I am nearing the completion of my training to be a reflexolgist. If you can't afford to have a session with a reflexologist then your best bet is to do self-help hand reflexology sessions on yourself.

This is the best book I have found so far for this;

Hand Reflexolgy by Barbara & Kevin Kunz

I practice on all of my children and can most definately notice a calmness in them afterwards (they usually fall asleep during the session as it is so relaxing). If you are genuinely relaxed then you are in a better place to be able to work on any other issues.

Hope this helps.:D

Love Piglet x

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Mrs Bloom
06-08-06, 15:50
Piglet and Dave thanks very much for the advice and information ! Piglet I must try it on my kids !

polly daydream
07-08-06, 00:49
Hi Mrs Bloom, I do yoga once a week and find it helps alot, after a session I am very relaxed, I would defo recommend it.

Take care,

Polly

**whenwillthisend**
07-08-06, 18:24
hi i just want to add a bit on reflexology..i suffer from chest tightness and about 2 months ago started having reflexology in hope it could help me, my first session hurt when the reflexologist pressed on my solar plexus area on my sole...she really concentrated on this area and you know the tightness in my chest was eased so much..i went again week later then every 2 weeks, this tightness almost disappeared....so i stopped going shouldnt have as now it has come back, i wish i had have carried on going, so going to start again this week...i know im waffling but i think reflexology is great and you feel so relaxed afterwards...its definately worth a go....