PDA

View Full Version : thoughts

april tones
04-06-04, 19:31
hi all, is anyone getting over the depression,anxiety but still struggling with the thoughts like me? They not always there like before but they are only part which wont go away. I have improved in a lot of ways and feel the thoughts is only thing which is stuck. any tips would be appreciated. I dont think morbid thoughts any more like, i could slip down stairs and die, e.g. just same old ones. I dont know if its all thoughts from when it first started popping up when i think of something linked to them. love april x

apriltones

seh1980
04-06-04, 23:12
Hi apriltones,

I do have a problem with negative thoughts too sometimes. I find that the best thing to do is, when you get up in the morning, write down all your negative thoughts on a piece of paper to 'get rid' of them. Then, sit down, and concentrate on your positive thoughts for a few minutes - think back to happy moments in your life until you feel better. It should put you in the right frame of mind for the day.
It works for me. Good luck!!
Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
06-06-04, 22:03
thanks sarah, i get like my voice saying things, really annoying. Just comes out of no where, love april. wHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS LIKE? .

apriltones

Laurie28
07-06-04, 10:10
April,

Pls remember everyone gets these thoughts, but the more you dwell on them the more often they will come.

Lucky

Meg
07-06-04, 15:16
'''They not always there like before''''

They dwindle over time .. patience and positivity..

Its the last bastion

Well done for such progress.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

seh1980
07-06-04, 17:28
Hi apriltones,

My negative thoughts are very strange. Sometimes they're as simple as thinking about death or something bad happening and sometimes they're a bit more bizarre. I have a good friend who's 22 and he drinks and smokes too much. We were sitting in the pub the other day and his face was bright red. It freaked me out and I started thinking I could see things on his face like black marks - obviously it was just in my head but it scared me just the same. These thoughts arrive quickly and tend to disappear in much the same way. They're unpleasant but am increasingly finding it easier to ignore them.
Take care.
Sarah (seh1980)

april tones
07-06-04, 21:11
hi meg, thanks for encouraging positive words, its boost i need. Thanks for sharing with me lucky and sarah it means alot! love april, all the best to you all x

apriltones