PDA

View Full Version : Who gets these symptoms? Reassuring poll - I hope :)

ElectricAlice
05-10-12, 16:39
Just a poll to see what symptoms we get from our anxiety.

MissHDynamite
05-10-12, 16:47
Good one Alice.. done mine x

Please have a look on a thread I started re.. "Lets see what we can achieve together"

Be interesting to see the results x

panic12
05-10-12, 16:49
Haha is it wrong that I ticked them all (because it's true)

ElectricAlice
05-10-12, 16:50
Haha not wrong at all! I pretty much posted all the things I'm worried about on the poll, I'm hoping to see they're common symptoms to ease ALL our minds :) Thanks for voting!

MissH - what's the link of your post? :)

ReissG
05-10-12, 17:06
My anxiety has been so bad for the past 6 weeks, I saw my therapist for the first time yesterday and broke down when he said I'd lost so much weight, I was so sad, I can't believe this anxiety is destroying my body :'(

MissHDynamite
05-10-12, 17:09
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=122275

Not sure if I did this right lol.. let me know if not x

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Reiss.. Mine has been at an all time high for months and I have now lost 3 stone! Luckily for me there is still plenty there but still worrying xx

Jamesk
05-10-12, 17:31
Do I get a prize for a clean sweep of all of them.

ReissG
05-10-12, 17:58
I had a bit of difficulty swallowing last week because I thought I had throat cancer, so everytime I went to swallow I was scared it would get stuck, to my surprise, it did!

It's fine now :)

venusbluejeans
05-10-12, 19:28
As much as I appreciate the thinking behind this poll it is quite misleading as all of the symptoms you have listed can also be due to 'real' illnesses.

I know you are trying to put peoples minds at rest and yes probably 99% of the time the symptoms are down to anxiety on NMP BUT there is that 1% that may have lots of the symptoms you have listed but actually be really ill and the anxiety may not be causing the symptoms but something that needs medical attention.

ReissG
05-10-12, 20:49
If you're feeling fine one day, with no anxiety and all of a sudden you start getting chest pain, then you would know this has nothing to do with your anxiety.
I see what you're saying, but this poll is asking what symptoms to people have with their anxiety, not without it :P

nomorepanic
05-10-12, 20:59
The poll said:

I just wanted to do a poll to see if we can prove to ourselves all the symptoms we're experiencing are anxiety, because if we all get most of them, or even a few of us! Majority says it is just anxiety

Sparkle1984
05-10-12, 21:00
I've had most of those symptoms at one time or another. The one about eye floaters is interesting, because when one of my previous anxiety episodes started 5 years ago, I developed eye floaters just a couple of weeks later. I was never sure whether it was just a coincidence. It really scared me at the time, and it made my anxiety worse. Those eye floaters never went away after that, but I do tend to notice them more when I'm anxious. So I don't think anxiety necessarily causes eye floaters to develop, I think it's that you pay more attention to them.
What does everyone else think about this?

ElectricAlice
07-10-12, 15:03
What I'm saying is that if 25+ who suffer from anxiety suffer from fatigue too - what's more likely - that is IS anxiety? Or that it's an illness? That everyone is ill.

It makes more sense that the symptoms are caused from anxiety.

It's not that I'm saying it IS anxiety.

It's a comfort that so many of us get the same symptoms.

I never said DON'T go to a DR or seek medical help.

---------- Post added at 15:03 ---------- Previous post was at 14:59 ----------

As much as I appreciate the thinking behind this poll it is quite misleading as all of the symptoms you have listed can also be due to 'real' illnesses.

I know you are trying to put peoples minds at rest and yes probably 99% of the time the symptoms are down to anxiety on NMP BUT there is that 1% that may have lots of the symptoms you have listed but actually be really ill and the anxiety may not be causing the symptoms but something that needs medical attention.

Plus this is exactly a fear of health anxiety sufferers minds :( And the way our minds usually think - what you just said.

What you've said has provoked quite a lot of fear into my mind after feeling reassured that my symptoms are just anxiety.

venusbluejeans
08-10-12, 13:07
I can only go on what your original thread post said which was....

'I just wanted to do a poll to see if we can prove to ourselves all the symptoms we're experiencing are anxiety'

which translated to me as....if we get a lot of these symptoms then it means it is ALL anxiety.

I was trying to point out that yes 99% of the time on here it is probably anxiety but there is always a chance that it isn't.

So as I have said before on here the best thing to if you are not sure is to see your GP as very few of us on here are medically trained and it can not all be put down to anxiety.

I appreciate that you have now changed the original post and I thank you for that, but you have to see that the original can be taken the wrong way.

CeeCeeCee
08-10-12, 15:01
I find that if I am feeling ok-ish and doing other things then I realise I have not had the anxiety. Then I get some sort of symptoms and it all starts again and I think this must be something bad as it has returned. I try to reassure myself that if it comes and goes then it can't be something really bad but I still really think it is. Also, I keep thinking that I can't have these symptoms for this long without it being something bad :shrug:

MRS STRESS ED
08-10-12, 15:06
lol i had nearly all of them i got to laugh or id cry :D

ElectricAlice
11-10-12, 16:43
I can only go on what your original thread post said which was....

'I just wanted to do a poll to see if we can prove to ourselves all the symptoms we're experiencing are anxiety'

which translated to me as....if we get a lot of these symptoms then it means it is ALL anxiety.

I was trying to point out that yes 99% of the time on here it is probably anxiety but there is always a chance that it isn't.

So as I have said before on here the best thing to if you are not sure is to see your GP as very few of us on here are medically trained and it can not all be put down to anxiety.

I appreciate that you have now changed the original post and I thank you for that, but you have to see that the original can be taken the wrong way.

I understand - I'm sorry. I wrote the intro in a rush and didn't mean it to sound that way.

I just find it comforting.

white43
11-10-12, 18:00
Hey Alice - feel better now? We all get this sh*t!!!!

It'd be worth starting to put them in order of most frequency. I see headaches and fatigue are winning.

andrewhowell
12-10-12, 12:23
I ticked 3 symptoms in this poll.

OliviaD
12-10-12, 12:37
It's kind of reassuring that so many anxious people get vision problems! I was aware of the connection between nerves and eyes, but before this year I would have never thought anxiety causes so many distortions.

Laura123
12-10-12, 13:20
Every single one!

white43
12-10-12, 13:30
Fatigue 43 81.13%
Headache 39 73.58%
Eye worries (floaters, grainy vision) 38 71.70%
Muscle pain 38 71.70%
Racing heart beat 36 67.92%
Muscle weakness 34 64.15%
Shaking hands/hand. 31 58.49%