PDA

View Full Version : Still having a very difficult time

angrry
05-10-12, 17:09
Hi everyone. I'm posting again because I'm still really struggling with my fear of pancreatic cancer. My doctor says "it's unlikely" I have something so serious, but back in August he requested an abdominal ultrasound. It is scheduled for Oct 24th.

I still have abdominal pain, back pain, itchy skin,lighter coloured stools and occasional dark urine. The doctor did order blood tests to check liver function as well as liver and pancreatic enzymes. Those tests came back normal. He has prescribed Losec for my stomach, which doesn't seem to be making much difference. I've seen him 4 times since this all started and he is still not concerned. I, however am terrified. What hasn't helped is that Bonnie Franklin, star of One Day at a Time back in the 70's was recently diagnosed with pancreatic cancer after being tested for a possible ulcer. I'm sorry I've posted again but I'm very very scared. Just looking for a little support I guess. Thx for reading. :scared15:

Stormsky
05-10-12, 18:47
Not sure anyone will have knowledge to reassure you here, but at least you'll have the answers on 24th...then you can move on with whatever the outcome is.... Which if your docs not worried, then unlikely to be anything sinister ...

abby38
05-10-12, 19:36
Sorry you're having such a rough time over this, the 24th must seem like a lifetime away but it will be soon here and then Im sure you will be on here full of beans at a good outcome. If your doctor is not concerned then I'm sure things will be ok.

Take care:hugs:

angrry
06-10-12, 00:29
tyvm for the replies and support storm and abby :)