PDA

View Full Version : Panic attack to the max

ReissG
05-10-12, 19:26
Just found out my father who I have nothing to do with has just gone into remission for testicular cancer which has thrown me into complete anxiety mode thinking "omg he had it, now I'm going to get it"

I refuse to ask Dr Google because he'll probably tell me I already have it, that or some kind of HPV disease!

Oh god anxiety piss off

JackInTheBox
05-10-12, 19:45
Sorry to hear that. Why don't you go see your GP and ask him for a genetic trace test?

My girfriend did one for breast cancer, since a lot of women on her direct family had it (mother, auts, etc.), the test checks your DNA and returns the odds of you having it and according to the odds the oncologist sets up control exams more or less periodical. It's not full-proof, but it beats being scared all the time.

On a side note, gf had like 0.01 or 0.02%, which is about the same odd as the rest of the feminine population without priors, that was a good day :)

ReissG
05-10-12, 19:49
Well after some heavy research, on reputable sites, I found out that testicular cancer isn't genetic.

Let me say this much, my dad is a disgusting cheating vile man, slept with many different types of women, prostitutes included.
He probably got HPV which turned into testicular cancer, so it's his fault!