PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone New chatter

Maria36
05-10-12, 21:30
Hi everyone my names Maria im from London Im 35 I joined here Today and would like to talk to people and share stories. I was Diagnosed with severe Anxiety and health anxiety 3 months ago after having having symptons of feeling unbalanced when walking and feet felt like they where sinking in the ground and visual Disturbances of flashing lights and blurred vision.

I was prescribed cipramil 2 months ago but stoped taking it after 2 weeks due to side effects now I am currently having cognitive behavioural therapy which I find seems to be helping me.

fozzy is crying
05-10-12, 21:31
:welcome::bighug1::bighug1:

Daniel Copp
05-10-12, 21:36
:welcome:

I hope you find peace and know that everyone is supportive and full of good advice.

Maria36
05-10-12, 21:40
Hi Daniel Copp thanks for your kind words :)

nomorepanic
05-10-12, 21:41
Hi Maria36

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Maria36
05-10-12, 21:45
Hi thanks Nicola for the articles I will take a look at them.

kittikat
05-10-12, 22:04
Welcome to the forum :)

I hope you get as much from being here as I have. Best of luck with your therapy.

Kitti x

Maria36
05-10-12, 22:09
Hi kittikat thanks for your support Im glad you got a lot out of this forum I hope I do to I like your picture of the cute kitten :D

SNAPPER
06-10-12, 20:09
I suffer most of your symptoms and was diagnosed a couple of months ago. I refused the drugs and I am going through a CTB routine. Just wiaitng to see an analyst, I find walking in Greenwich park helps and when I feel that i am falling over I talk to it make it go away. I got through my first panic attack in three weeeks yesterday with breathing exercises. i am reading the book Overcoming Anxiety by Helen Kennerly and have found it very useful. Hope you begin to feel better soon. Peter

Maria36
06-10-12, 23:57
I suffer most of your symptoms and was diagnosed a couple of months ago. I refused the drugs and I am going through a CTB routine. Just wiaitng to see an analyst, I find walking in Greenwich park helps and when I feel that i am falling over I talk to it make it go away. I got through my first panic attack in three weeeks yesterday with breathing exercises. i am reading the book Overcoming Anxiety by Helen Kennerly and have found it very useful. Hope you begin to feel better soon. Peter

Hi Snapper thanks for your kind words I hope to that you get better soon I also find that walking helps me a lot my Psychotherapist recommened walking as its very good for Anxiety because it relises chemicals from your brain that make you feel better. I also use breathing excersises when I get a panic attack and when i feel i am going to fall over as i am walking I just imagine that i am running away from it and it cant keep up with me.
I am also reading a Book called Change your brain Change your life by Dr Daniel G. Amen.
Maria

Sparkle1984
07-10-12, 00:03
Welcome to the forums, I'm glad the CBT is helping you. :)

Maria36
07-10-12, 01:02
Hi Sparkle1984 nice to meet you so far I Had 3 sessions of CBT and found it very positive.