PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

pdc10
05-10-12, 21:45
Hi all,

I have been reading this site for a while and have finally plucked up the courage to join the forum. Ever since I had a major op at 21 (25 now) and on-going family health problems I have been suffering with anxiety, it started out as health anxiety but has now moved into general daily life. After reading this forum for a while I do feel lucky that my anxiety is nowhere near as severe as some cases, but it also motivates me to try and combat this.

Some weeks I am so unproductive - minimal work, no exercise, unable to interact fully with others etc. This week I had my first panic attack out of the blue whilst driving - I forced myself to get back in the car the following day before my head ran wild and prevented me from driving without freaking out. I don't want this anxiety to develop anymore or control my life. I always feel good talking to others but I'm scared of how I'll come across to friends/family if I keep bringing this topic up. I really don't want to concern anyone either.

I hope I can use this site to help myself and others through sharing my problems and experiences.

Best wishes,
H:)

fozzy is crying
05-10-12, 21:46
:welcome::bighug1::bighug1:

Daniel Copp
05-10-12, 21:51
:welcome:

This site has been invaluable to me and I'm sure it will be for you too.

Again :welcome:

Annie0904
05-10-12, 21:51
Hi :welcome:

nomorepanic
05-10-12, 21:56
Hi pdc10

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pdc10
05-10-12, 21:58
Read through most articles already - very helpful. You can't beat advice from others who have similar experiences and more knowledge than myself.

Thank you for all the welcomes :)

kittikat
05-10-12, 22:08
Hello & :welcome:

Lots of us here in the same or similar situation as you. I hope it helps you in your recovery. It has been a godsend for me, some lovely supportive people here too.

Kitti :)