PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Fihappy
06-08-06, 15:11
I was really pleased to find this sight. It is so nice to know I am not alone and there are others out there who will understand, and are working to overcome panic too. I have suffered with panic for about 10 years now. I have come along way and gone from being agrophobic to holding down a full time job. But in the past month I have felt like I have taken a huge step backwards. I was stuck in a traffic jam (with my partner driving) on a hot day a few weeks ago and I panicked so badly I really felt like I was going to die. My confidence has dropped so much since then. Every time I have been in the car I have felt panic and I have been avoiding going out when it is hot. It just feels so tiring sometimes trying to think positive, relax and breathe correctly. And since that day I have lost the confidence that I will be able to calm myself down when I panic, as on that day I just couldn't until we were off the motorway. Has anyone else had similar experiences? What did you do to help you overcome it?
Best wishes and lots of love to all you brave people out there coping with panic.:)

clickaway
06-08-06, 15:18
Hi Fi,

Welcome!

The heat does affect anxiety sufferers more than most, so try to accept that. I think its natural for us to avoid uncomfortable situations, but sometimes we just have to feel the heat!

Anyway, I'm sure that you will get a lot of support from people on this site.

Take Care,

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

scoobygirl2005
06-08-06, 16:09
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will make lots of new friends here and there is so much help and support! :D

Scooby2005
x x

Daisybun
06-08-06, 16:12
Hi Fi and welcome. i can relate to what you say about driving. I prefer to be on the move, i don't really like jams, but i am a lot better now, so you'll get there.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

trac67
06-08-06, 16:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

giddy
06-08-06, 17:14
Hello and welcome to the forum. I get just the same in cars in hot weather. I'm fine if I'm moving but the minute I stop I can feel the panic coming. If I'm not driving I make sure the windows down, the cold air is blowing on my face and I have loads of water to drink.
love Helen

Twila
06-08-06, 18:27
Hi, Glad you found us. When my panic is at it's worst I have a hard time riding or driving a car. I worry that if I have a panic attack I will be stuck at a light and can't get out of the car and try to control myself. But I still to work and do what we all do to survive. So when I am in the car and have a PA I just turn on the radio, or look out of my at the world around me and remember that I am okay. It is not easy but you can do it. Hey I have even got out of the car in a line in a drive through restraunt. Get better soon.
Twila:D:D

polly daydream
07-08-06, 00:37
Hi Fi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

Eclipse
07-08-06, 09:21
Welcome to the forum Fi

Sorry to hear about the panic in the car which has, in turn, knocked your confidence right down.

I hope you'll see by the replies that you're not alone and I really hope you find a way that works for you, to help rebuild your confidence & regain control over this.

Best wishes

Magz
XX

sheena
07-08-06, 10:57
Hi Fi

I have a driving phobia and having been working on it recently. I can now go the doctors and the dentist. Yesterday I managed to get to our local supermarket.

However, I had a bad experience on the motorway. My daughter was driving and as soon as we hit the motorway it was static. I started to have a panic attack as I felt trapped. Luckily the traffic started to move but we had to come off the motorway. At that time we were going to Hemel Hempstead to see my son. My daughter now drives there without going on the motorway.

I hope, as I gradually build up the distance away from my home in the car that eventually I will be able to tackle the motorway.

It is good to hear from you and I hope you get some help from this forum

Sheena

SHEENA