PDA

View Full Version : She's talking nonsense right ?

JosephHitch
06-10-12, 08:00
Hey.Just for my own peace of mind please take the time to comment if you know anything about this subject. Below is a post from a women named cat on a website called www.uncommonforum.com made on 24 Sep 2007. As you can see when reading the quote she makes the claim Citalopram will be absorbed better when taken with food. There for insinuating the tablet will be less efective when taken on an empty stomach.She's right of-course about taking on empty stomach may cause side effects like nausea for some people but to say it has superior absorption when taken with food 100% contradicts every bit of information I can find. Got any take on this? Below is what she wrote .

" I was very lightheaded on Citalopram. I think 40mg may be a bit high for you,
the usual starting dose is 20mg then gradually going upto 40mg. Maybe ask your Dr is you can go on 20mg then gradually go up as you get used to it. Also when taking the tablet in the evening always take it with food or a glass of milk, it helps the tablet absorb better because on an empty stomach side effects can be worse "

Danny_dingle
06-10-12, 09:52
Hitchens my doctor told me to take my Citalopram with a glass of water.

I am no doctor so this is only a guess but I am sure it is equally effective either way: when she says it will help it to absorb better I am presuming she is still referring to side effects, as in it will absorb without making you as uncomfortable as it could if you don't take with water and/or food. I find my side effects are dulled if I take mine straight after eating. Plus I suppose eating/drinking with the tablet just gets your metabolism going.

Danny xxx