PDA

View Full Version : Paranoid about breast cancer

clomoss
06-10-12, 13:25
Hi there, this is is my first post. I'm 25 weeks pregnant with my first baby and also happen to be a bit of a hyperchondriac!

My right breast is slightly bigger and a little lower than my left, not loads and always has been but perhaps it's more noticeable now because I'm pregnant. I suppose because it's bigger it also feels heavier and the tissue a bit denser. There aren't any discernable lumps as such - just the normal ridgy breast tissue on the outside which I can feel in the same spot on my right but just smaller.

I first went to the doctors to get this checked out about 4 or 5 years ago so it's nothing new but lately I've become obsessed with it! It's really getting me down and I can't stop prodding my boob and getting my partner to do so (he agrees that the tissue on my right breast is just more dense). Both breasts feel a bit tender but the right more so. I think I'm probably more hyper aware because I know a few women who are unfortunately going through breast cancer treatment at the moment.

Sometimes on good days I think that surely if I went to the docs about this years ago then it would be obvious by now if anything was wrong then I think oh my god, what if I go and something's wrong and it's been there all this time! Sorry to go on - I just wondered if anyone else had a similiar experience. In my rational state I know that it's common to have breast differences but then I get myself worked up and spend hours upon hours googling and getting myself into such a state. I'm so excited to have my baby and feel like i'm ruining it for myself. I have a midwife app on Monday so will obviously talk it through with her.

Thanks so much in advance for any thoughtst! X

Annie0904
06-10-12, 13:38
Your breasts go through all sorts of changes when you are pregnant so I wouldn't worry about it. Your breasts enlarge during pregnancy and prepare for feeding your baby so expect to feel changes and lumps and bumps that were not there before. Just look forward to having your beautiful little baby :)

clomoss
06-10-12, 14:44
Thank you Annie0904. I know you're right, it's just so hard when the anxiety takes hold :rolleyes: x