PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety!!!!!

Ats666
06-10-12, 17:35
Hi...I'm 34 years old and have suffered anxiety and depression for many years...I managed to overcome this go to uni and gain a qualification. I am now back at uni studying again...but last week I felt like I had been hit by a freight train...I am unable to control my thoughts I have convinced myself I am dying, my thoughts are irrational I know this but I can't get them out of my head. My GP has prescribed Valium and referred me for CBT but don't know how long this will take. Friends and family are losing patience with me as I am so preoccupied with dying...someone please tell me they have had feelings like this and offer me some advice as I'm really struggling :weep:

fozzy is crying
06-10-12, 17:36
:welcome:

You are in the right place.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

nomorepanic
06-10-12, 17:48
Hi Ats666

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mrsg12
08-10-12, 20:56
Hiya

I'm fairly new here as well. I've posted a couple of things about anxiety. I'm convinced I'm dying as well. I've also had anxiety and depression for many years. I've been medicated but off meds for 3 years since becoming pregnant. About 3 weeks ago I had a virus and then had vertigo, since then I've been convinced I'm dying. I'm siting here now feeling ok, then I move my head and feel dizzy and then get upset looking at my little boy thinking I'm not going to see him grow up.

I'm waiting for an appointment with a CPN but don't know how long it's going to be. This morning I couldn't get out of my car to go to work I was so anxious and weepy. This site has given me lots of comfort though.

I hope you start to feel better soon, big hugs, remember you're not on you're own.

Xx