PDA

View Full Version : in need of some friends

kym
06-08-06, 16:13
hi my names kym, and ive just joined this site, im looking for some advice from people i know will understand me. Ive suffered anxiety for 20 years, and im still no good at handling it, i saw my dr on friday because all last week i had chest pains, & tightness, and it really scared me, he said i had costochronditis, and acid in my stomach, but im convinced my heart is on the way out, ive been crying all weekend, just dont know how to get a grip on all this, you would think after 20 years i would know, please can any one share similar symptoms with me that turned out to be harmless. kym

Daisybun
06-08-06, 16:19
Hi Kym and welcome to the site. You'll find lots of support here. I have had the tightness in the chest, it is not nice, i feel like I can't breathe. i also had heartburn for a while but that has now passed. Just try and trust your dr, you've been checked out and he said not to worry. Anxiety can create loads of symptoms, just try and relax, hard i know but try and distract yourself with something nice.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

trac67
06-08-06, 16:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

kym
06-08-06, 16:30
thanks daisybun, i do try and distract myself, ive got two little girls who keep me very busy, i just want to be a normal mum, & do normal things with them without this awful anxiety always being there aswell. kymxx

mia0621
06-08-06, 16:39
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">thanks daisybun, i do try and distract myself, ive got two little girls who keep me very busy, i just want to be a normal mum, & do normal things with them without this awful anxiety always being there aswell. kymxx

<div align="right">Originally posted by kym - 06 August 2006 : 16:30:32</div id="right">

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote"> Hi Kym,

My name is Mia and I am new to this forum, but not new to panic attacks. I have perpetual attacks all day long. The worse part of it is the palpitations(heart). I have had tests, and the results were negative(they always are for me). I am very glad I found this forum. I,like you, feel quite alone, because no one else in my family can relate to my problem. It is good that we have others to share experiences and support with. You are welcome to email me if you like.

Mia

kym
06-08-06, 16:45
hi mia, your right having each other, unless youve suffered nobody understands and after a while they dont seem to care either, if i had a pound for every time ive been told to pull myself together, i would of probably found a cure by now, take care kym x

scoobygirl2005
06-08-06, 16:57
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here!

Scooby2005
x x

giddy
06-08-06, 17:09
Welcome to the forum Kym
love Helen

clickaway
06-08-06, 17:47
Welcome aboard, Kym!

Ray

http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

tijica
06-08-06, 18:07
Hi Kym,
I understand where you're coming from. I get the feeling of tightness and pressure on my chest as well, and I think I'm about to have a heart attack each time it happens. However, since I'm still alive, I am starting to accept that it's all in my head so I keep telling that to myself every time I start to freak out. I'm sorry I can't give better advice as I am also still learning how to cope.
I just wanted to say good luck and best wishes from someone who understands.

Twila
06-08-06, 18:08
Hello Kym, and welcome to this forum. I am sorry you are having such a bad time. Seems like this anxiety can cause so many problems. It is a fact that unless you suffer from Panic Attacks you cannot understand how it feels. Now that you have found this place you can get some support and maybe you will start to feel better soon.
Twila:)

twiglet
06-08-06, 18:17
Hi kym,
welcome to the site. i too suffer from the chest pains and stuff. i've also been to doctors, and been told im fine. but it doesnt stop you from worrying, does it? try distracting yourself and keep telling your self your ok its just the panic. coming on this site helps me alot.
hope you feel better.
take care :)
love,
twiglet xx

kym
06-08-06, 21:00
thank you all for your kind reassuring words, im already glad that ive found this site, todays been bad, but replying to you all (because im slow at typing ) has kept me busy today, i find weekends & night times really difficult dose anybody else, if so how do you cope, some nights afraid to sleep, force myself to stay awake then the next day im shattered. look forward to hearing from you . kym x

alexis
06-08-06, 22:52
Hi, welcome, hope you get lots of help and advice here.xx

polly daydream
07-08-06, 00:35
Hi Kym and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

cam
07-08-06, 00:58
hey kym.....im sure you will find lots of support on this site...loads of great caring people...who know what ur going through....take care

Cam.......

Eclipse
07-08-06, 09:13
Hi Kym,:D
Welcome to the forum & am sure you'll find all the support you need!
Best wishes
Magz
XX

pansy1
07-08-06, 11:03
Hi Kym[^]
You are not alone,I too get the chest pain and palpitations, it is horrible but if you can talk to others and get reassurance it really helps.
Love Kathy
xx

j.
07-08-06, 13:48
[^]hi kym youve always got friends on this site.im new myself and felt nervous.but everyones a good bunch.were all friends take care from j.x

hi im looking for people to chat to as right now i feel very alone

Catwoman
07-08-06, 13:50
I also have problems with illnesses caused by anxiety and depression. IN my case its mostly my head with migraines and an almost constant headache. At one point I thought I had a brain tumour the pain was so bad and so frequent so I ended up with an MRI scan.
I have headaches nearly all the time now, and find myself also taking painkillers to stop them even starting. There have been days I have taken 8 or more to stop the pain (throughout the day).
I also used to have bad panic attacks until I started on Prozac and that stopped them, its a horrible business and I hate being ill but its obvious to me your mental health is so linked with your physical health you cannot ignore it.
Please feel free to message me if you want.

kym
07-08-06, 22:26
thanks all you guys for your support, feel like ive been on this site for ages, it has a real feel good factor about it, at least why im on here i forget how bad im feeling for awhile. And j feel free to post me, i know all about feeling alone, maybe we can help each other. x

IanB
08-08-06, 22:56
Hi Kym

Thanks for your kind words to my posting.

It's a godsend to discover a site that helps people like us. The advice given here is heaven sent

You hang in there girl

Ian