PDA

View Full Version : I feel so great right now!!

Nuladk
06-10-12, 20:01
Hi guys, I've been a lurker on these forums for sometime now.

But about a month and a half back I was so so desperate for some help, I was at risk of losing my job (I'm a nurse), I felt so fed up and depressed I was living my life in fear of anything and everything it seemed.
So I came to the forum and read about the CBT4panic. I was very dubious at first as I don't usually trust things that are downloaded off the net. But I was desperate so I thought I'd give it a go, I thought well the medication isn't working and if this doesn't work then no harm done just £50 down.

All I can say is what a godsend!!! I would highly highly highly recommend this to anyone.

When I first downloaded the workbooks and audios, I thought this is great but seems a bit too simple. So I didn't put my all into the practice so didn't get the results I wanted. So I started again and REALLY practised, and I began to see results. It's all about not fearing the fear which sounds great when your not in the middle of a panic attack. But with lots of practice you start to see its working and the actual panic attacks have no hold on you. I can't explain how good it is.

I know that I'll get setbacks but I think I'm prepared.

My worst times for having panic attacks were at work but the little booklet that was sent in the post was amazing, I'd feel the usually suffocating feeling and the shortness of breath and the omg I'm going to faint, and I'd just get my little book out of my pocket, it really helped.

I'm still trying to get on top of the constant incessant thoughts but slowly and surely I'm getting there.

If any of you are thinking of trying it but are uncertain please give it ago you have nothing to lose and you might just get your life back.

I just want to say I am not connected in anyway with the author of CBT4Panic, I'm not scouting for business lol I just wanted to recommend it.

Hope this helps someone
Nula xxx

Annie0904
06-10-12, 20:05
I have started it as well Nula and it is helping me to be more positive...I managed to stay in Sainsbury today even though my eyes were going hazy, my heart was beating faster and my stomach was doing somersaults!

bernie1977
06-10-12, 20:09
I've recently started this programme and have found it very enlightening as no one has explained my illness in the way this programme does.

Hope I make progress with it as I'm agoraphobic and want to get back out into the world.

Glad you've done so well with it Nula

robinhall
06-10-12, 20:29
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say a big thank you for making my night :-) It really is so nice to hear when people are having success with the programme. Remember - if any of you need any help feel free to email or PM me.

Well done to you all!! :)

bernie1977
06-10-12, 20:31
I'm sure you'll be hearing from me soon Robin when I start to venture out!

Annie0904
06-10-12, 20:35
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say a big thank you for making my night :-) It really is so nice to hear when people are having success with the programme. Remember - if any of you need any help feel free to email or PM me.

Well done to you all!! :)
Thank you Robin:)

Nuladk
06-10-12, 20:44
Robin all of the thanks goes to you, your helping many people get there lives back. The books are set out in such a great way.
Oh and thanks for the replacement book, I will not lose this one lol xx

robinhall
06-10-12, 20:49
Thanks everyone

Bernie - make sure you read book 3 very carefully and work out a detailed fear hierarchy before you venture out

Nuladk - hopefully the person who found your first booklet got some help from it anyway :)

I hope you all keep me up to date with your recovery.