PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling this evening

paranoidtree
06-10-12, 21:08
hey everyone, i'm really struggling this evening. My husband has a gig in Glastonbury (which is 2-3 hours from me) and left at lunchtime so i've been on my own since then. On the whole during the day i was ok, i even managed to go to Asda to get a few bits, i've eaten but now the panic is starting to creep in. I've spoken to him and he is ok (i always worry something will happen to him when he is away) but now i'm starting to feel really panicky :weep:

I keep getting this pain in my tummy which i know is probably due to how i've been sitting today with my head in a book but my brain just takes over and makes me worried about ectopic pregnancies - at least i know it's not appendicitis.

think i might have to give in and take some diazepam as just don't see myself calming down otherwise. Fear has just really taken over this evening.

electrical_stormgirl
06-10-12, 21:13
:hugs:Sending hugs, hope you manage to settle a bit x

kt79
06-10-12, 21:17
how about watching a comedy film to try and take your mind off it. Ive got a little oil burner which i put lavender oil in, that always makes me feel conforted x

Annie0904
06-10-12, 21:19
Hi sorry you are having a bad night, mine was really bad last night. I know it is worse when you are alone, my husband works away most of the week so I have a lot of time on my own. Are you watching TV or anything. I like to keep the TV on to keep me company (watching Xfactor tonight) sending you :hugs::hugs:

fozzy is crying
06-10-12, 21:20
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

paranoidtree
06-10-12, 21:21
Thanks, i have QI on but finding it hard to concentrate on it. i know the panic will pass and i can't feel like this forever but knowing that and believing it are two very different things tonight (or any other time for that matter!) thanks for all the hugs.

loopylu86
06-10-12, 21:55
I agree! When you are at the height of it you feel such dread and feel like it will never pass. It will!!!

paranoidtree
06-10-12, 22:57
thankfully this time the diazepam really helped, just feel sleepy now. Still worried about my tummy pains but not freaking out about them anymore. hopefully tomorrow i shall wake feeling better and more centered.

Sparkle1984
06-10-12, 23:15
It's good to hear you're feeling a bit better now. Have a good night's sleep and hopefully you'll be better tomorrow. :hugs:

Elle-Kay
06-10-12, 23:58
Pleased you're feeling a bit better, and I hope you get a good night's sleep. I just wanted to add to what the others said by saying don't think of taking a Diazepam as "giving in". You have them for additional support when you need them, and taking one is just acknowledging that you need a bit more support at a given time - no different to having an emergency counselling appointment for one to one talking support (except that the NHS don't provide that ;))

paranoidtree
07-10-12, 12:52
thank you, that's a much nicer way of looking at it. i do feel like i'm giving in when i take one, that i should be stronger somehow. today is a little better, woke feeling refreshed after a relatively good nights sleep (apart from neighbours being drunk and loud at 1am) however just cooked an omelette for my lunch and being paranoid about it's safety. one step at a time, one step at a time :)