PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with me?!?!

Caitlyn89
04-06-04, 22:16
ARG![}:)] does anyone else feel like after you eat your food it feels like its coming back up. I practicly had a breakdown in the movie theater because after i ate my curly fries just as i swallowed bam i felt it coming back up. My stomach burns/is tingly sometimes. Anyone else with this problem. Need some advice.

Meg
04-06-04, 23:31
Do you get relief from peptobismol or similar drugstore products ?

Keep away from fried and heavy foods and see if it gets easier.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 05:57
I never tried pepto bismal. Was always afraid of the taste and stuff might make me gag or something. Plus today was the first that its happened does anyone get this or am i a loner?

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 05:58
Sorry forgot to mention this...what would be considered heavy foods?

sweetwater
05-06-04, 06:20
hey caitlyn...you're not alone, i've felt like that before, anxiety is not kind to the stomach it seems...heavy foods are foods that laden in fats and oils - things that make you feel pretty bloated after you eat them...pizza is a good example - loaded with cheese, ham, a dough-rich base...also pasta carbonara, creamy foods, like cakes, etc...hope this helps.

Meg
05-06-04, 08:26
Its very common , Often anxiety is held within the Gastro intestinal system and it reacts symptomatically to stress.

As swee****er recommends keep to lighter foods for a while and you might want to try a mild antacid from the drugstore which should help with the burning.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

HB
05-06-04, 13:01
probably just your stomach churning when you have eaten because you are so worried about being sick, i get it a lot too- try gaviscon, it is very good :-) exercise helps too

H

Caitlyn89
05-06-04, 20:09
Hmm what is gaviscon?

Meg
05-06-04, 22:50
I don't think you get Gaviscon in the USA. I think peptobismol is your nearest equivelant which is why I referred to it.

Meg

Dr.David Livingstone

stimpy
05-06-04, 23:12
I suffer with the worst kind of indigestion.
Nothing touches it at all.
I have to physically make myself sick before it goes away.

so I can totally understand how you feel.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx
With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[:p]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Caitlyn89
06-06-04, 00:58
Holy crap you have to make yourself sick!?!

april tones
06-06-04, 22:16
hi caitlyn, not trying to worry you but i had that when pregnant, take rennie rapeze, love april xx

apriltones

twister
06-06-04, 23:10
i get is sometimes with potato - it feels like its building up in my throat. As this is the first time it has happened i wouldnt worry about it, probably just a one off and you ate too fast!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

Caitlyn89
07-06-04, 22:49
Yea well i just gagged right now on my tuna sandwhich and almost puked it up. O god my heart is going like LIGHTENING FAST.