PDA

View Full Version : Doing stuff durning the day makes my anxiety worse at night

Anxious_gal
06-10-12, 23:50
Is there any way to solve this?

I had a good day with little anxiety, but now my anxieties really bad!
I think it's a combination of getting over stimulated, using energy and being tired.
It's almost like my mind/bodies is so used to being anxious, that when I've a good calm day it tries to reset its self to anxious mode!

I also find it harder to turn off and sleep after I've had a busy day.

Elle-Kay
06-10-12, 23:53
I think this is something a lot of us will admit to experiencing, so you're not alone by any means. I think you're right, that it's to do with the shift between activity and relaxation, combined with the body being tired (which makes it easier for the anxiety gremlins to set in).

If I feel particularly anxious at night I have a spray of Rescue Remedy and take myself off to bed with a familiar DVD until I feel relaxed enough to sleep. You could also try Rescue Remedy Night, which other members have said is good, and/or a cup of chamomile tea before bed to help you relax and switch off.

Sparkle1984
07-10-12, 00:05
I always used to find it hard to relax and switch off after a busy day, but I'm not so bad at that now. I find it helpful to listen to relaxation/mindfulness MP3s before I go to sleep. Sometimes they make me so drowsy I fall asleep with the headphones in!

merlotsmum
07-10-12, 07:53
Is there any way to solve this?

I had a good day with little anxiety, but now my anxieties really bad!
I think it's a combination of getting over stimulated, using energy and being tired.
It's almost like my mind/bodies is so used to being anxious, that when I've a good calm day it tries to reset its self to anxious mode!

I also find it harder to turn off and sleep after I've had a busy day.

Yep, this has helped to answer my own thoughts on this. Had busy day yesterday. Woke today full of anxiety :( it's a recurring pattern.

loopylu86
07-10-12, 08:31
Me too!! Good days either follow an anxious evening...if not an horrendous day the following!!

Danny_dingle
07-10-12, 08:46
I find my anxiety peaks in the morning and calms during the day, I get really dopey at night but I think that's because that's when I take my meds! (Only been on them ten days this time so they're still settling in!)

I do find minfulness is a major help, and also a hot bath with candles (I know it sounds a bit airy-fairy but I find the diminished lighting helps my brain to calm down).

With the mindfulness, all I do is lie on my back in a comfortable position, concentrate on my breathing (breath from your stomach, not your chest, as this makes you take deeper breaths, and count four in, five out as a rough guideline) then try to just focus on how you're feeling at this very instant. Clear your mind of everything else, and if it wonders back on to other things, just steer it gently back to the here and now.

Sometimes doing this in the morning sets you up for the day, too.

Hope you get to chill out again soon :)

Danny xxx