PDA

View Full Version : Opticians...hazy vision

Annie0904
07-10-12, 13:35
I have been to the opticians this morning which I always find quite a scary experience. I was wondering though because I am anxious there will it give me a true prescription result? When I get really anxious I get hazy vision and can't focus well anyway so when they do the test I just think "Can I not see that because I am anxious or because I need stronger glasses" I guess I will know when I get my new glasses if I can see okay with them. On a positive I had my eyes tested and called in the supermarket on the way home for a few things but did feel a bit drained and anxious when I got back home.

GunMetal
07-10-12, 13:57
Hi Annie,

well done again on getting through it all! :-)
The vision problems you get sound the same as mine and in my opinion i don't think it would effect any results from the opticians. I feel that the vision problems are due to not being able to concentrate on things due to being on edge and anxious. I don't think it actually shows up as changes in your eyes....again it's all in our heads haha

Jenni xx

Annie0904
07-10-12, 14:01
I mentioned it to the optician saying I get blurry vision because I am anxious and she just looked at me and smiled (probably thinking 'crazy woman' lol) x

GunMetal
07-10-12, 16:26
Haha i'm sure she didn't think that at all! some people just don't know how to react do they!
If you made her aware of your anxiety then there's nothing to worry about, she would have said something if it would effect the results

xx

Annie0904
07-10-12, 16:48
Being told the price of my glasses was enough to give anyone a panic attack so I did well there!!