PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram and ibruprofen taken togather....

Pinkbrenda2012
07-10-12, 18:53
Hi i am on 10mg or citalopram and have been a few weeks. I have been taking ibruprofen for toothache and i spoke to nhs direct and lets say they have really scared me :-( i didnt know about not taking ibruprofen and in now worried im bleeding internally!!!! Its making me panic like mad me head is foggy and im twitching like mad!
Help!!

fozzy is crying
07-10-12, 18:57
Hi i am on 10mg or citalopram and have been a few weeks. I have been taking ibruprofen for toothache and i spoke to nhs direct and lets say they have really scared me :-( i didnt know about not taking ibruprofen and in now worried im bleeding internally!!!! Its making me panic like mad me head is foggy and im twitching like mad!
Help!!

I have been on both for years. The Ibruprofen and other powerful painkillers in very large daily dosages for spinal problems. I get regular across the board blood tests because of this and no problems so far. If you are worried go back to your Doctor. However I am sure you will be OK.

Gordon

Pinkbrenda2012
07-10-12, 19:00
Thanks i mean i used to take escitalopram for around 6 years and always had ibruprofen then but unsure whether its the same thing.

laura442
07-10-12, 20:57
I am on escitralopram and before I was on citralopram I did the ally same thing as you until I called nhs direct and they really scared me to but I was fine and im sure you will be fine too try not to worry and do something to distract yourself xxx

Ats666
07-10-12, 21:12
I have known many people on citalopram who have also been on long term ibuprofen, none of them have ever had any problems. I hope this alleviates your fears slightly :hugs: xx