PDA

View Full Version : Should i ring nhs direct

Pinkbrenda2012
07-10-12, 19:36
Right i have suffered with health anxiety for a number of years :-( friday evening i began with hurrendous toothache so i unknowingly took ibruprofen still in pain i called nhs direct for further advice. I explained what id taken and what tablets i am on including citalopram and she sounded extremely shocked that i had taken ibruprofen i explained i didnt know about the side effects and she said you MIGHT be ok this time but i have taken it loads in the past. Now i cant get it out of my head what if im bleeding internally?? Should i ring them for better advice on this??

Stormsky
07-10-12, 19:46
There's apparently a small risk of digestive track bleed... But if you've been taken them in past without probs, I'm sure your ok...don't take anymore without seeing gp...and if your worried about any physical effects from ones you've taken, then see gp this week for reassurance..

fozzy is crying
07-10-12, 19:48
Right i have suffered with health anxiety for a number of years :-( friday evening i began with hurrendous toothache so i unknowingly took ibruprofen still in pain i called nhs direct for further advice. I explained what id taken and what tablets i am on including citalopram and she sounded extremely shocked that i had taken ibruprofen i explained i didnt know about the side effects and she said you MIGHT be ok this time but i have taken it loads in the past. Now i cant get it out of my head what if im bleeding internally?? Should i ring them for better advice on this??

I answered this on your other thread on exactly the same subject.

Ring your out of hours service or NHS if it worrying you so much. NHS Direct can get you an immediate appointment at your nearest minor injuries hospital tonight if needed.

That is the the best advice any one can give you.

Take care.

:bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon

ReissG
07-10-12, 19:54
Don't worry yourself dear, you'll be fine!

I've been on citalopram before and taken iburofen, I'm fine!

Pinkbrenda2012
07-10-12, 20:09
Thankyou everyone and again fozzy is crying it just shocked me how i was never aware of this i think i worried myself more by googling it (i know i shouldnt of) but someone mentioned a brain hemmoridge. If there was something wrongnhow long would it take to show itself? Like i said i took the ibruprofen friday

swgrl09
08-10-12, 12:44
I am on escitalopram and have taken ibuprofin once in a while. My doctor didn't mention it as a problem either, but my chiropracter did! I think it's more concerning for people who take it often ... so I try to avoid it, but if I am really feeling badly with a headache or muscle tension I do take some :-\

Pinkbrenda2012
08-10-12, 13:07
Thanks everyone i spoke to the triage nurse at the doctors this morning and she sed its more if you take them everyday so panic over in ok x