PDA

View Full Version : Brain tumour concerns

almamatters
07-10-12, 20:32
Hi all,
Just wanted to share my story. Am currently struggling with HA due to Brain tumour/cancer fears. Started back in May when I visited doctor with burning in side of head. Was told it was migraine/tension headaches and prescribed Amytriptylline. After numerous more visits, still complaining of the pain , eventually doctor offered MRI scan (to put my mind at ease more than anything) Scan came back clear, which of course I was relieved about, but am now freaking out that because I had the scan without contrast, it may have missed a tumour. Does anyone know if a tumour would show up without the contrast? Have been visiting the doctor that often recently that I'm starting to worry that they will eventually stop taking me seriously. Have already requested ultrasounds and other tests due to ongoing stomach problems! Thanks for listening.

DylanR
07-10-12, 20:34
You would have seen it trust me! They show up clear as Day with an Mri. Why did they do it without contrast ?

almamatters
07-10-12, 20:38
I have no idea, was so stressed about having the scan, never thought anything of it!. Wish I had of asked for the contrast, but if you think they would have seen it anyway then I'm a little more reassured.

Annie0904
07-10-12, 20:39
I agree with Dylan, you can be reassured it would have shown up.

DylanR
07-10-12, 20:42
yes , would have seen it