PDA

View Full Version : morning ,afternoon or night ?

JosephHitch
07-10-12, 20:33
Hey.
Do you take your Citalopram in the morning ,afternoon or night ? and why that choice ? I'm interested because I'v heard all different accounts about different side effects effecting people depending on their administration times. I take mine in the morning and feel a little lethargic through out the day. I wonder if this would go away if I took it at night? x

fozzy is crying
07-10-12, 20:39
Hey.
Do you take your Citalopram in the morning ,afternoon or night ? and why that choice ? I'm interested because I'v heard all different accounts about different side effects effecting people depending on their administration times. I take mine in the morning and feel a little lethargic through out the day. I wonder if this would go away if I took it at night? x

It would depend on several things. How much you are taking, what else you are taking, when you need to take it for the best effects. Your Doctor is the best to tell you as it is different for all of us.

Gordon

hannah26
07-10-12, 21:05
Hello,

I take mine in the Morning after breakfast. I had no idea that they would act differently depending on when you take them.
I will have to speak to my Doc tomorrow and see what he thinks.
Hannah x x

JosephHitch
07-10-12, 21:27
Why after breakfeast, Because of stomach problems? I'm not sure if they would 'act differently' per say just one seems to be more susceptible to side effects such as tiredness etc when taken in the morning . Hope your doing well Hannah xx

Sparkle1984
07-10-12, 22:32
I take mine in the evening after my evening meal. I do find I sleep better at night. Sometimes I feel lethargic during the day, but that's often because I didn't go to bed early enough the previous night. I definitely need more sleep than I used to, though.

MissLady83
07-10-12, 22:39
Yeah we are all different in how these tablets work for us and effect us. I have just started on them this week and i take them around 23.00 before I go bed, been having some nasty side effects already but upto press feeling good today, hope they work for you :)

Stormsky
07-10-12, 23:13
I always took my meds just before i went to bed.

JosephHitch
08-10-12, 08:01
hmm yeah more people seem to choose the night time option x

little scientist
08-10-12, 08:29
I too go for night time to sleep off the worst of the side effects :)

nippy70
08-10-12, 08:34
7 pm is my time on a full stomach.. Give them time to kick in.x