PDA

View Full Version : Another setback...

matrix123
08-10-12, 13:02
Hello again,
I have been doing better the last weeks and the "strange" neuro symptoms have been less noticeable. Tingling almost has disappeared...numb feeling only rarely...with only the "weak" feeling in my left leg still persisting but in a mild form. I think the best day in months was Saturday.

However, Sunday woke up with a bad toothache and from there on things got worse. I really hate going to the dentist, so I got slightly anxious...and the symptoms started coming back again...numb feeling in my left leg, weak feeling also...

It's pretty clear that anxiety makes the symptoms worse, but it seems like there's an underlying cause like MS which anxiety is making it worse :(

almamatters
08-10-12, 13:35
Currently suffering with this tingling in legs everyday, hence my brain tumour fears. I also get a weird bubbling fluttering sensation in them. G.P. thinks it is just anxiety but of course I am not convinced. I try and force myself to walk about when it comes on, as sitting down seems to make it more noticeable. Do you get yours in both legs?

matrix123
08-10-12, 13:39
No...I get it only in my left leg...most of my symptoms are in the left side...rarely if ever in the right.

JackInTheBox
09-10-12, 04:41
For me the best reply to "synthom" anxiety is testing! If it clears the tests, it must be ok.

Do it twice on different places, whatever you feel is enough to be convincing.

Whenever I get anxious, I get palpitations, nausea and even more anxiety. Usualy I try to cool it off before it peaks, if I notice that I can't control it, I take an anxiety pill.

Using this and the test approach as been a great help in keeping things in check and actually getting less and less anxiety over time ;)

matrix123
09-10-12, 08:48
What kind of testing are you referring to?

Thanx

JackInTheBox
09-10-12, 12:29
Going to your GP and requesting tests/exams ;)