PDA

View Full Version : going to the cricket???

seh1980
04-06-04, 23:00
hello everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know that on Sunday I am going to take my first step towards a normal life. I am going to Leeds to watch England play New Zealand at cricket. Leeds??? I've never been there -yikes!!! This is the first time I will be going to a 'new' place since I had my first panic attack last July. I'm getting the train there from Durham and am pretty nervous about that, too...but I figured it's time that I get out there and live life. I'm sick of giving into my panic attacks and letting that stop me from doing what i want!!
As some of you know, I went to Paris last week to visit my family. I know that it may sound that going to Leeds for the day is a lot less scary than travelling to Paris but it's not like that for me as I have been to Paris many times and am used to it. Leeds, however, is a foreign land to me so....I guess it will be a big test for me...
So, any support from you all would be more than appreciated!! I will let you know how I get on.
Take care everyone.
Sarah (seh1980) xxx

Meg
04-06-04, 23:34
Have a lovely time Sarah.
You're doing so well that you can cope with whatever happens and it will be just fine.

Meg

'There can only be true courage when first there is genuine fear'

Dr.David Livingstone

sal
05-06-04, 13:48
Hi Sarah

Just remember it isnt that far from home and you are going to watch something you enjoy. I am sure you will be fine, i know you have never been there but once you have done it its another place you can add to your Getting Better List!!!! At the end of the day you are trying to go further afield, and that in itself is a major achievement. Good luck and enjoy the day.

Sal xxxx

sarah
06-06-04, 17:17
Hi Sarah

How did you trip to a 'foreign' land go?
I hope you had a great time!!!!
let us know how you got on matey!!!

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

seh1980
06-06-04, 21:55
hello everyone!

I just got back from the cricket and I had an amazing day out!!
There were a few times that I felt paniky (like when I first got on the train and at different times during the day) but, on the whole, I was fine. It took a lot of concentration but I managed and now feel so proud of myself!! The worst thing that happened is that I'm sunburnt and hurt all over but hey...it beats panic attacks any day of the week!!

Sarah (seh1980)

sarah
06-06-04, 21:59
Hiya Sarah

So glad you had a good day!!
Its a good feeling you get when you are so nervous and then it all goes fine isnt it? Well done, get yourself a treat now, you deserve it!!
The only thing good about sunburn is getting a soft handed partner to rub in the aftersun and getting a free massage into the bargain...lol

take care
love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

nomorepanic
06-06-04, 22:04
Sarah

Nice one - well done to you. You did it yeah - real confidence boost isn't it?

Like Sarah said - get your partner to rub that after-sun lotion in and enjoy that too - lol.

Great news and a great success.

x

Nicola