PDA

View Full Version : Pain in neck, armpit, and around about collarbone

lo89
08-10-12, 19:42
Hi,
I have been doing much better - I even diagnosed my illness correctly for the first time in a few months - the cold! This has lead to some of my other symptoms decreasing (ribcage pain is totally gone, constipation is easing up, apetite is on the increase and I have put a few pounds back on!) I am no longer worrying about my lipomas on my back.
One thing I just can't seem to shake off is the dull pain I have from my jaw bone to my collar bone, spreading in to my armpit. It is not exactly agony TBH, more irritating!

Rationally I know that it could be a million things:

I have TMJD on the other side of my jaw, so this could now be affecting both sides of my jaw.
I also carry a fairly heavy handbag at the side where I am having pain so this could cause it.
I have just got rid of the cold so it could just be achey muscles from this.
My mum has a gland problem in her armpit which causes her some pain and I tend to have the same problems as my mum.
As much as I am trying to convice myself that rational me is correct, irrational me is screaming cancer cancer cancer right in my ear - I know I am beyond crazy!
Can someone offer me some sort of reassurance/a timeframe as to how long to leave this before I get it checked out/some massages or something which might help?
I do not want to run straight back to my GP again as he must be sick of me by now, and I need to learn to rationalise my illnesses by myself, but I am really struggling with this!

lifeandme
08-10-12, 19:53
doctors are they for you when you need help. you need to go se your doctor if only for peace of mind x

panic12
08-10-12, 19:55
Better not to wonder, if you are getting over a cold then yes you do get aches and pains, but if you are worrying tell your doctor. I would leave it 2-3 days to see if it does ease off.

lo89
08-10-12, 19:57
I have been at the doctors many times in the last three months - I have been for suspected leukemia, suspected soft tissue sarcoma, suspected skin cancer, suspected anaemia, none of which I have. I do get peace of mind after visiting the doctor, but I need to find a way of calming down without running straight to my GP.Thanks for the reply though :)

2-3 days seems reasonable. Also if I wait until next week then the schools are off and I do not need to take yet more time off to go to the doctors!

panic12
08-10-12, 20:05
I totally understand because I am constantly at the doctors (they used to joke about building an extension on the side for me I was there that much in the last year.) but yes 2-3 days and if no improvement or if it gets worse then see the doctor for sure. Have you tried ibuprofen? I normally take that for aches and pains I get from work and football, usually eases off

lo89
08-10-12, 21:43
Nah I haven't had ibuprofen, I try to avoid it if I can as I am scared I will get a dodgy tummy from too many painkillers. Just found a few small lumps in my neck and near my armpit/boob ... The ones in my boob area could be my ribs and the one in my neck could be an acceptable size as it is quite small.

I just want this to be over =[