PDA

View Full Version : Why does anxiety do this AHHHH

ReissG
08-10-12, 22:48
So yesterday as I said I looked in the mirror and found a sore on my mouth which as usual jumped to the worst conclusion of oral cancer, anyway I realised the reason I have it is because I've had a habit of scraping that part of my tongue on my teeth and that's what created the red sore.

Now I know this for 100% fact, so why oh p***ing hell why do I keep telling myself sub consciously that it's oral cancer!!!

I am terrified that this scrape won't be gone by wednesday (when I go home and have to leave my boyfriend at uni) because I'll be alone near enough all the time leaving me time to think about it!

I just want a break from this so bad, so so bad.

My Doctor looked at my throat and mouth today. didn't even point the scrape out. He reassured me that my lymph nodes are fine etc..

I am absolutely raging with myself, 7 weeks I've gone through this F-ing HA and it should have been over today!
But no, now it's oral cancer!

I really hate my head, really hate it so much.

fozzy is crying
08-10-12, 22:50
Why does anxiety do this AHHHH?

Answer. Because it can and we let it.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon [aka The Silly Old Bear]

MRS STRESS ED
08-10-12, 22:56
I also have HA so i no its awful ,im having cbt, its been helpful to me ,have you tried it its worth ago if you havent speak to your GP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs:

mocha
08-10-12, 23:52
hey, i feel you, I really do, i feel exactly the same way, not for oral cancer but pretty close there, throat cancer or something else very horrible.
It is very consuming and does not let me enjoy the good moments of my life because this is always on the back of my mind. The feeling of absolute terror is so intense sometimes, very overwhelming sense of fear.
But If i really had all the cancers I have thought I had so far, I would be dead 100 times but actually here I am, and there you are, still alive. None of the previous scares have been true and in the end of every anxiety period (for me too often lasting for several weeks) we are still here. So none of that is true, we are not sick, its all in our head. I really try and keep sane with this logic even though most of the time i am actually convinced I have cancer this time around.
I have never actually met anybody in real life who feels like I do, it is hard to make people understand and thus hard to get the right support.
Be strong!