PDA

View Full Version : Please help - feel terrible

Silly Blonde
07-08-06, 08:43
I have been weaning myself of my mirtazapine for weeks now - dropped from 45mg to 30mg and have been on 15mg for the last 3 weeks. I took my last pill on Friday evening - and all day Sunday I felt terrible. Bit sick, but the main thing is really really bad lower tummy pain. Had to run to the loo this morning too.

Have dragged myself into work but just want to curl up and die. Have made an appointment at the docs later - just to check. But is this really withdrawal - I thought I had done a very very gradual weaning-off and did not expect to feel this bad!

Thanks

SB xx

mia0621
07-08-06, 08:53
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I have been weaning myself of my mirtazapine for weeks now - dropped from 45mg to 30mg and have been on 15mg for the last 3 weeks. I took my last pill on Friday evening - and all day Sunday I felt terrible. Bit sick, but the main thing is really really bad lower tummy pain. Had to run to the loo this morning too.

Have dragged myself into work but just want to curl up and die. Have made an appointment at the docs later - just to check. But is this really withdrawal - I thought I had done a very very gradual weaning-off and did not expect to feel this bad!

Thanks

SB xx

<div align="right">Originally posted by Silly Blonde - 07 August 2006 : 08:43:06</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote"> Call your doctor. Maybe you need some meds to help you wean from the other med. Could be you are just nervous about withdrawal. The doctor will know what to do.

Take care,
Mia

PurpleRain
07-08-06, 13:45
Hiya,

Im sorry i dont know much about the drug that you are taking but 15mgs and now nothing at all does seem like a big sudden drop.

I had very bad withdrawl from the drugs i have taken in the past but i very gradually weaned myself off them by switching to the liqued form of the drug, that way i could take 1mg less each week until i was down to a drop and then nothing.
I didnt have any withdrawl symptoms this way, maybe you could ask your doctor about this?

Sorry i couldnt help more!

Take care xx

hayles
07-08-06, 14:41
Hi.

I spent 3 months weaning my self off, from every day, to every other, evry third day, till i just stopped. Well as you can see from my earlier thrid. I feel like poop too!

Feel at my wits end with this....just wanna feel normal.
I am off to Docs again today too!

Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Hay x