PDA

View Full Version : A little advice needed please.

hannah26
09-10-12, 14:57
Hello,

Ok so I have been posting on here for the last few weeks now as I started Citalopram 3 weeks ago, 10mgs, and have had servere side effects.
Ok so I am not going to do it, but I was wondering what would happen if I stopped taking the Citalopram, slowly I mean. Sort of wean myself of off it with my Docs permission.
I feel that bad and its wearing me down. I don't feel like I will ever get better. Even when you kind people on here tell me to stick it out it will pass and I will get better it does not feel like it and I cant feel like this forever. Its to horrible.

I have thought about going up a dose or two but I am to scared that the side effects will be even worse and I couldnt handle that.
I feel terrible, the worse I have ever felt and it feels like it will never go away.
Im so tired and I just cant be bothered to do this anymore. I would much sooner have the type of panic I had before I started Cit any day of the week, I could ahndle that. I never panicked in the day time and at night it felt bad but nothing compared to this. Its to much, this medication is supposed to make me feel better not worse surely.

Sorry again for the moan, any adviec would be great.
Hannah x x

venusbluejeans
09-10-12, 15:28
heya,

I had every side effects you could imagine on citalopram.... but stuck with it and now am now feeling good and relatively anx/panic free.

Cit along with any med for anx takes along time to get into your system and do any sort of good....... mine took about 6 weeks before i felt a lot better I think....but it all kind of merged into one as I felt so crap taking it.

maybe stick with it for another few weeks or so because it does take a long time and if you stopped them and started another you may have all of these side effects again....... I am on 20mg and it has worked for me... as rubbish as it is maybe you could also go up to 20mg as i think that 10mg is quite a low dose and you may find that 20mg helps you more.

but there are lots of people who have also gone down the non-med route and that has worked out for them too

have you read this? ....... http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=46980