PDA

View Full Version : after a good day, feeling anxious again :(

Annie0904
09-10-12, 21:48
I have had a really good day today. I have been worried the past few days about the builders coming to do the drive but they are really nice and one of them told me he suffers from anxiety and panic attacks! Tonight all of a sudden I feel really shaky and nauseous. I looked at my work website and I think that is what set me off. I had some emails and I think they are expecting me back on Monday. (My sick note ends on Friday) but I really don't think I can go back yet but feel so guilty being off :weep:

Stormsky
09-10-12, 22:22
If your not ready then don't go back yet...your health comes first...what's the point in going back cos you feel guilt for being off, and then getting worse and being off again, and back at square one...
Your work know your sick note ends Friday so prob just assume your back, hence emails..

Annie0904
09-10-12, 22:26
If your not ready then don't go back yet...your health comes first...what's the point in going back cos you feel guilt for being off, and then getting worse and being off again, and back at square one...
Your work know your sick note ends Friday so prob just assume your back, hence emails..

I had some emails from some of the kids saying "See you on Monday Miss" so someone must have told them I would be back. I started to feel sick straight away and can't stop shaking...I guess this just confirms that I am not ready yet. I still can't walk properly either from my foot injury. I am just hoping the doctor will give me another note. I usually get my husband to go with me to the doctors because he speaks up for me but he is away when I go for my appointment. Just feel scared.

Stormsky
09-10-12, 22:28
Don't be scared, gp will give you a sick note... Get it soon tho so you can give your work notice your not back Monday.

Annie0904
09-10-12, 22:29
I have a doctors appointment on Thursday afternoon.

Stormsky
09-10-12, 22:30
That's good. Do you take the sick note into work, or post it?

Annie0904
09-10-12, 22:36
My husband takes it to one of my colleagues to take in. He will be home late on Thursday so work will get it on Friday. Some friends called to see me tonight, they have both had problems with anxiety as well but we talked about some stuff from the past and I think that has affected me a bit tonight as well. Just feeling tearful, so much has happened and I start to feel better then something comes along to remind me.

fozzy is crying
09-10-12, 22:37
:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bigh ug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Stormsky
09-10-12, 22:40
Don't dwell on blips, concentrate on how you felt on good days....don't put pressure on yourself...you need more time to heal, your foot included...so take another week or two off and don't think any more about it...
I recall years ago feeling bad for being off with Anx from a job for a week...then months later my boss was off 8 wks with stress! So..don't feel bad, if it was a colleague they'd take the time off without thinking twice about it...

Annie0904
09-10-12, 22:42
Thank you Gordon...The daftest little things set me off sometimes and there have been a few things this week. I think things start to get better but feel like the past has ways of finding my weak points some time.

Elle-Kay
09-10-12, 23:15
I agree with everything Stormsky has said Annie. When my GP signed me off work he was very sure to tell me that my health was to come absolutely first, and that I was only to go back when I was ready, not when they were. The same goes for you, particularly as you have your foot to contend with also.

I'm sure the way you feel this evening is a combination of worries and memories, and that you'll feel better again in the morning.

Annie0904
09-10-12, 23:17
I agree with everything Stormsky has said Annie. When my GP signed me off work he was very sure to tell me that my health was to come absolutely first, and that I was only to go back when I was ready, not when they were. The same goes for you, particularly as you have your foot to contend with also.

I'm sure the way you feel this evening is a combination of worries and memories, and that you'll feel better again in the morning.

Thank you Elle-Kay, I have just had a cup of chamomile tea and Bach rescue night and I have calmed down again. I am so pleased I found this site as it is all you lovely people who help me to see things in a better light :)

MissLady83
10-10-12, 00:12
You come first and your health and well being. Get the doctor to sign you off for abit longer and do things that make you feel good. Good luck :)

Annie0904
10-10-12, 07:55
You come first and your health and well being. Get the doctor to sign you off for abit longer and do things that make you feel good. Good luck :)

Thank you. I have woke up feeling really anxious too. I woke up hearing a noise and it just panicked me...it was only someone putting the wheelie bin out but it just got me feeling so anxious.