PDA

View Full Version : Its back.

hayles
07-08-06, 12:26
Hey all....
Well i got through the wedding and the honeymoon and it was all fabulous.

I made it and i didnt 'Kark it' before hand which was my fear. All I wanted to do was get married and start living my life with my wonderful hubby....well here I am...married with my wonderful hubby, and i couldnt be happier.

I am so happy I cant take the smile off my face.....BUT
I still have head pains, dizzyness and anxiety. I cant shift it, i thought it would all go once i got past my fear of not making it to the wedding.

So why is it still hear. My Doc has always said stress, well i am not stressed and it is still here.

I fell like there is so much pressure in my head, i am terrified it is somethig really bad.....

Sorry to vent, but can anyone offer advise?????

Off to Docs again today, first time in about 3 months!!!!!!

Please help -

Hay x

blackie
07-08-06, 12:35
Hiya
Congratulations on the wedding and honeymoon. Thats really great. You should be so prowd.
Sometimes when a person has been under alot of stress it can take a while after the event has passed for thew stress to pass. I found this with my A levels. Once i had finished i was still really worked up and it took weeks to let the stress out.
Perhaps some relaxation techniqes could help. It might just take some time to adjust to the change thats just happened in your life.
Hope that helps abit. Hang in there. Good luck at the doctors. I hope it goes well.
Take care
Blackie

shiv
07-08-06, 13:09
Hi hon,

Glad the wedding went well. Mine did too. It was the best day of my life, but my anxiety has worsened and I'm constantly exhausted- I was pretty much run off my feet for 2 weeks before the big day (9 days ago) and I think I burnt myself right out.

We're probably just coming down from the stress and excitement of the big day. I'm trying to see it as a blip- please try and do the same mate. Take care,

Siobhan

ps. any pics yet?

Silly Blonde
07-08-06, 13:23
Hi you two.

I'm struggling too - and it really upsets me too because I feel like shouting "IM NOT STRESSED". I suppose we have all been through a huge ordeal (its up there with bereavement and moving house apparently!!) and so why are we surprised that we feel like crap now.

I know what you mean - I just want to feel normal and enjoy married life. Struggling with Day 2 off my meds - feel awful, got stomach ache, back ache and heartburn (but not all at same time - so have today convinced myself that I can ovarian cancer). Going to see GP tonight - but she'll just say - "you're stressed, you're recovering from a stressful time, its the withdrawal from the meds "etc etc! - not sure why I'm bothering.

Take care - I'm trying to tell myself as Shiv says that this is just a blip and we always come out the other end.

Take care

SB xx

darkangel
07-08-06, 14:05
congratulations on your wedding and honeymoon

sometimes when we have a big event coming up we get through it anxiety free and then after it has passed - WOW the panic hits. This is happening to me as well. I am coping with the build up and the actual event but i feel awful a few days after and it can last for a few weeks.

i feel calm as well but your body could be reacting to the stress - try not to worry too much about it - remeber out thoughts control our panic.

take care

darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving

hayles
07-08-06, 14:17
Thanks guys for your words of help and advise.

SB - I know what you mean about the Shouting "Im Not Stressed" I so wanna do that, I am so happy so why oh why is sthis still a bain of my life. It is not as bad as it has been, but it is always present and holds me back totally relaxing and enjoying myself!!!!

Shiv and Dark angel, Blackie, thanks for the advise, I know you are all right, but i just keep thinking, I just want to be normal!

I mean we wanna try for kids soon, how am i ever going to be able to a normal Mum with this hanging over me.....

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!!!

Hay x

jackie
07-08-06, 17:59
it never goes away immediately but the main thing is to not fear it even if it is here.

you have to get to the hard stage of it not mattering whether its there or not because the fear of it is gone

its a tough stage but it really is where you have to get to as claire weekes says, so even though lifes great it takes a while to go and your body takes a while to settle but if you are truly not fearing it and not adding fear or tension then it will one day calm

hard i know but you are on the right road

jackie

ceecee
07-08-06, 21:25
hi hays firstly congrats on having a wonderful wedding and honeymoon!!!i know how you feel about the way you are feeling as when i,m having a good day i think to myself :why are the symptoms still here i don,t really feel particularly anxious and if i didn,t have these symptoms i wouldn,t be anxious(if that makes any sense!!!!)but claire weekes says in her book that if you are paying attension to these sensations then you must still be afraid of them!!!!i can understand that part,but i haven,t got a clue how to not pay them any attension!!!!lol!!!sorry i can give you any real advice but just to know you,re not alone is a great comfort.
good luck at the doctors let us know how you get on.hopefully they have found a magic cure!!!(well we can dream can,t we!!!)
take care
rachel

hayles
08-08-06, 08:58
Thanks all for all you support and kind words of comfort.
Been to the Docs, and she has referred me for Physio as she thinks it is tension in my neck that causes these head pains!!!!

I know what you are saying Rach, but i have no idea how NOT to pay attention to these feelings. Must read Claire weeks again!!!!!

Thanks xxx

Hay x

ceecee
08-08-06, 18:53
hi hays glad things went well for you at the doctors!and i know its easier said than done learning how to ignore these feelings!!!but fingers crossed(and everything else!!!lol)we will all get there!!!
take care
rachelx x x

Two heads
08-08-06, 19:47
Congrats hayles!
You will be fine hun as your doc saids its not serious,just keep telling yourself that hun.xxxx

polly daydream
09-08-06, 00:53
Congratulations Hayles and glad docs went ok.

Take care,

Polly x