PDA

View Full Version : "strange" feeling in hands

matrix123
10-10-12, 09:52
This "strange" feelings aren't going away...lately when I wake it my hands feel like swollen...they are not, but the feeling is a bit similar...don't know how else to describe it...after some times it goes back to normal...but in the morning is almost always there.

Anyone with something similar?

MRS STRESS ED
10-10-12, 10:49
I wake up with numb hands they dont feel like mine I no what you mean when you say swollen its another horrible anxiety symptom xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

matrix123
10-10-12, 10:50
Maybe it's numb...it seems "numbness" has different forms...I hope it's just another anxiety symptom and nothing bad...

Thank you for your reply

MRS STRESS ED
10-10-12, 11:05
Maybe it's numb...it seems "numbness" has different forms...I hope it's just another anxiety symptom and nothing bad...

Thank you for your reply

i went to my doctors he told me it was just my anxiety ,im sure yours will be ,anxiety can cause us alsorts of horrible symptomsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:D

Anxious_gal
10-10-12, 11:20
Sounds like numbness, due to anxiety or sometimes a trapped nerve.

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 13:59
Do you get this every morrning and does it only happen overnight in bed?

matrix123
10-10-12, 14:15
I don't get it during the day...only in the morning...and not always...but most of the days

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 14:51
Ok so you wake up with numb arms/hands?

matrix123
10-10-12, 14:54
Not sure if it's numbess...it's a "strange" feeling in the hands...mostly in the palm. It feels like swollen or something similar. I still have normal or almost normal sensations in the hands...but the feeling is there...it goes away after some time in the morning...

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 15:38
I have a similar problem with my hands/arms at night and they go numb and I am seeing an osteopath for it at the moment as the problem is in my neck and upper back.

Just a thought anyway

matrix123
10-10-12, 15:39
Thank you...but how would you describe the numbness you have? Do you still have feeling in hands/arms?

jayred
10-10-12, 15:40
I often wake up with numb fingers to me its quite normal an only becomes an anxiety thing if i allow it to or worry about it for which i have sensations in my fingers that dont really exist for the rest of the day until such time im in a relaxing place and it stops

matrix123
10-10-12, 15:41
I often wake up with numb fingers to me its quite normal an only becomes an anxiety thing if i allow it to or worry about it for which i have sensations in my fingers that dont really exist for the rest of the day until such time im in a relaxing place and it stops

How would you describe the numb feeling...because I'm not sure it it's numbness or something else...

jayred
10-10-12, 15:47
Really just a stiff feeling i think its more to do with the way i sleep

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 15:49
Numbness - you can't really feel the fingers as they are umm numb lol. So you have no sensation in them - not sure how else to describe it.

jayred
10-10-12, 15:52
yeah im having the same problem explaining it its just a stiff numb feeling i think with anxiety any sensation is just tripled or more to how somebody without anxiety would feel.

matrix123
10-10-12, 15:52
It sound a stupid question I know...but in my case I have some feeling...but they feel strange... awkward...maybe it's only partially numb...not sure

jayred
10-10-12, 15:56
There will often be parts of the body upon sleeping will wake up feeling stiff or slow or maybe numb its just an every day occurance. I think for me what has happened here is that you are going through a stage of anxiety and at the moment its really bad so you are noticing and paying attention to things that you wouldnt normally pay attention to. I was sent something from a ex neuro that i think you should read through its a very very good read an relates to your worrys about ms etc that you have.

matrix123
10-10-12, 16:03
There will often be parts of the body upon sleeping will wake up feeling stiff or slow or maybe numb its just an every day occurance. I think for me what has happened here is that you are going through a stage of anxiety and at the moment its really bad so you are noticing and paying attention to things that you wouldnt normally pay attention to. I was sent something from a ex neuro that i think you should read through its a very very good read an relates to your worrys about ms etc that you have.

Thanx a lot

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 16:30
I don't think anxiety necessarily causes this. As I said mine is because of my neck and back and I am getting treatment for that.

jayred
10-10-12, 16:36
but just wandering do you not think that because your anxiety tensing your neck and back that the tenseness has then had a knock on affect to your numbness in your hand as even without the anxiety the body can be left with problems.

If that makes sense

nomorepanic
10-10-12, 17:07
Was that to me Jayred?