PDA

View Full Version : mole worry

mrs way to worried
10-10-12, 12:04
i have a mole on my lefy breast im worried about its quite small when i first noticed it i thaught it was a blackhead as it was jet black so i tried squeezing it and nothing happend now it is a light brownround mole with a dark raised line through the middle that feels scabby its not a scab though i dont think , im currently 39 weeks pregnant and this mole is making me worry so much it doesnt itch im just worried because it has changed

Devyn
10-10-12, 12:09
If you are really THAT scared, just go to the doctor so you can be calm. but i'm pretty sure that's nothing serious. i have a half inch mole on my left leg and its turned black and gotten bigger but the doctor said it was completely fine and even let me have a leg scan just to be reassured. it's nothinggg!

Annie0904
10-10-12, 12:19
Just to reassure you I would ask when you next have an appointment at the doctors or hospital. Most moles are harmless and I am sure yours will be but best to check for your own peace of mind :hugs:

mrs way to worried
10-10-12, 12:41
just wish i could get to the doctors minimum waiting list is two weeks by which point i will have given birth and will have 3 under 5s to walk to the doctors with me

Annie0904
10-10-12, 12:45
I would just mention it to your midwife or at your antenatal clinic :hugs:

mrs way to worried
10-10-12, 12:46
can they deal with things like that ?

Annie0904
10-10-12, 12:50
They would have a good idea I would think and there is no harm in asking especially if it is making you anxious x

mum-of-4
10-10-12, 13:16
Hi - I just wanted to reassure you that moles can change during pregnancy due to hormones. I have a mole on my breast that was a small mark and is now raised and scaly. I got lots of new moles/skin tags during my 4 pregnancies - none of which have raised any concerns to my dr. I am a complete neurotic when it comes to moles and I constantly check them and drive myself nuts. Definitely get it checked out if you are that worried, if only to put your mind at rest. Signs of melanoma are larger than the end of a pencil. Irregular borders. Itching. Bleeding and scabbing and more than 3 different colours (brown, red, black, white). Although saying that, I have lots of moles that have irregular borders and have changed over the years but have been told that they are fine.

Hope that reassures you slightly. I know how you feel!

Lots of luck with your pregnancy :-)

mrs way to worried
10-10-12, 14:31
thankyou that makes me feel a bit better will get to docs as soon as i can and try not to worry xx

Elle-Kay
10-10-12, 15:18
If you don't mind me asking, where on your breast is the mole? The reason I ask is that I had a raised mole right underneath my breast, where the underwire in my bra went. I noticed that my underwire was irritating it from time to time, and making it feel sort of "rough", so I went to the Dr and asked for it to be removed to save it ever becoming a problem. It was done by my Dr at their own premises, under a local anaesthetic and was over with in less than 10 minutes. It was the fourth mole I've had removed (as precautionary measures each time), so I'm quite a dab hand at it now, if you decide to have yours removed & want to ask any questions :)

mrs way to worried
10-10-12, 20:52
its just at the side of my nipple i may ask to have it removed just to make me feel better i dont know how people without health anxiety do it my sister uses sunbeds everyday and has a huge itchy mole and it doesnt bother her she tells me to stop moaning when i tell her to go to the docs sometimes wonder what it would be like to feel how i felt before health anxiety

Elle-Kay
10-10-12, 21:00
I don't tend to suffer with Health Anxiety in all honesty, but I am quite particular about moles, and would advise anyone to consider/ask about a removal if they're at all concerned. It's such a straightforward procedure, and as I said before: if the mole isn't there, it can't be an issue in the future, simple as that :)