PDA

View Full Version : Sinus issues

violet33
10-10-12, 16:26
Would anyone know If sinus problems act up more in damp or rainy weather? I've heard & read they do, but also read that humidity helps it. What's confusing is that when raining or damp it is humidity. For me damp, rainy weather worsens sinuses. Could someone tell me what they know on sinuses as soon as possible. Drs once again give me mixed answers, so I'm here just trying to see what other sinus sufferers know & experience. Thank You!

neptune296
15-10-12, 06:54
I suffer from bad allergies and sinusitis due to allergies. I can tell you from my experience wet rainy weather makes it worse. This could be in part due to the fact that with rainy weather comes a change in barometric pressure. Specifically a drop in barometric pressure. Sinuses and ears that are clogged, and irritated don't respond well to pressure changes. As your sinuses and ears try to equalize themselves with the new outside pressure it can make a lot of your symptoms worse.

That's just my theory. On top of that rainy damp weather brings mold which if your an allergy sufferer can make a lot of things worse as well.

Anyway hope this helps! Whatever the reason is I definitely notice my sinus issues worsen with rainy weather.

chl_hobbs
15-10-12, 08:00
Ive never had sinus issues until a nurse tried (and failed ) to put an NG up my nose into my tummy (for an acid issue). It made my nose bleed and was so sore afterwards. Since then Ive felt like my forehead is very heavy, swollen and painful around the eyes and bridge of the nose. I have used decongestants, antihistamines, vapourisers, antibiotics, steriod sprays and oral steriods. Nothing has eased it. It does seem that this damp weather makes it worse, especially going from outside to inside with the heating on. I had post nasal drip which has now given me a chest infection (i think) and feel so poorly.

Good luck hun!
Charlotte x

swgrl09
15-10-12, 12:40
I personally am allergic to different types of mold spores, so rainy weather does make my sinus congestion much worse.