PDA

View Full Version : support needed restless legs?

almamatters
10-10-12, 17:08
Can anyone reassure me about strange sensations in legs. I have been experiencing this for a while and the only way I can describe it is, bubbling, fluttering and tingling in both legs. It generally happens when I'm sitting down but can happen at other times. It was one of the reasons I had MRI for brain tumour, but that came back clear. Is this a symptom of anxiety. It is really irritating and has been particularly bad today. I have mentioned it to GP but have no had any answers as yet. Thanks

Devyn
10-10-12, 17:11
Can anyone reassure me about strange sensations in legs. I have been experiencing this for a while and the only way I can describe it is, bubbling, fluttering and tingling in both legs. It generally happens when I'm sitting down but can happen at other times. It was one of the reasons I had MRI for brain tumour, but that came back clear. Is this a symptom of anxiety. It is really irritating and has been particularly bad today. I have mentioned it to GP but have no had any answers as yet. Thanks

I have the same thing but it can happen in my chest too, rarely my arms, or head. i also have restless leg syndrome where when im laying down my feet dont stop moving. i've developed that because of anxiety. right now i think i have the flu and i convinced myself i have AIDS so now im thinking im dead within weeks now, and the bubbling/twitching in my leg is getting alot worse, thus i think its from anxiety.

almamatters
10-10-12, 17:15
Sorry does anyone know anything that will help? thanks

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:11 ----------

Thanks Devyn, I am always convinced I won't see the end of the week out! Currently think I have bowel, liver cancer, kidney trouble, MS, and brain tumour that has been missed by MRI scan. Does your get better with movement?

Annie0904
10-10-12, 17:16
Tingling sensations are a symptom of anxiety so it is probably just that. If your doctor isn't too concerned then I wouldn't worry about it.

almamatters
10-10-12, 20:22
Thanks for your replies. This feeling is just driving me mad, it's just fuelling my brain tumour fears yet again. This was the symptom that convinced me I had one. Also someone told me it's a sign of kidney trouble, so of course now have that as well. :weep:

uk23
10-10-12, 22:03
I've had this since I was nine and had it diagnosed at 12. Even when I was 23 stone my legs were pure muscle due to the constant movement of them! It's normal to have odd feelings in the leg, pain, restlessness (obviously), tingling etc etc.

lindajane1971
10-10-12, 22:12
I have Restless Leg Syndrome or as my husband calls it "crazy legs" its a horrible thing to have. Mostly in the evening i am effected, its like i can feel my blood circulating inside my lower legs, or like the whole of my lower legs are getting a tingly electric shock put through each hair on them, or like the inside of my lower legs are spinning!!! So hard to describe"!! Only moving them helps it go away, and for me it starts around 8pm and goes on until i fall asleep.
I dont go anywhere where i have to sit still, ie the cinema etc as its just a nightmare!!!!
I find going to lie in a cool bed helps it, and also stretching my legs by holding my foot and pulling my leg up to my bottom so that the whole of the leg is stretched.
There is no cure for this condition sadly :0(