PDA

View Full Version : GERD Sufferers

AaronB
10-10-12, 20:35
You may have read my other thread 'So scared I have a serious illness'.

I wanted to just do another thread as it's a different subject I guess.

Do any of you have GERD? Apparently it's quite a common condition?

I want to know what the acid burn feels like. As far as I can tell, the acid has burnt my food pipe right where my breast bone is. Although like 2cm to the right.

It feels like a cut, but on the inside of my chest, and at times, is very very painful.

This is without a doubt more than anxiety.

My GP has prescribed me Laprazole, and I have only taken one as I only got them today. How long before the pain in my chest starts to subside?

Any other advice a GERD sufferer can give? I am not 100% sure I have it, but judging by my symptoms myself and my GP are thinking I probably do.

DylanR
10-10-12, 20:41
I have it . Mine is triggered by certain foods such as Chocolate , cheese and orange juice.
The pain is hard to describe but it feels like someone is rubbing salt into a wound in my throat/chest

AaronB
10-10-12, 20:43
I have it . Mine is triggered by certain foods such as Chocolate , cheese and orange juice.
The pain is hard to describe but it feels like someone is rubbing salt into a wound in my throat/chest

So would you say a very very sharp pain like a cut is fairly accurate? I guess the rubbing salt into a wound is similar analogy.

I wondered how long it would take to heal seeing as I have now taken the anti acid tablet.

Also, I need to get 'throat cancer' fears out of my head :(