PDA

View Full Version : Please help, feeling bad.

Godzilla
11-10-12, 15:35
I am an only child. I was always a nervy child and eager to please others. In my mid 20's I started getting horrible panic attacks, I used to rush myself to hospital only to find out it was panic. I am now 38 and have been on medication for around 11 years. About 2 weeks ago I started to feel rough, kind of like a had a stomach bug. Well now I feel like I am back to where I started. I cant travel anywhere, scared to even walk downstairs, entire body is aching, want to cry but cant for some reason, keep having to go to the toilet for a wee, sleeping fully clothed as scared I may need to leave my bedroom quickly. So here I am typing this in my bedroom. I have a teenage daughter who I really don't want her to see me in this way, she will be back from school soon. How can I get better?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

24track
11-10-12, 15:48
Well I don't know how you can *get better* completely, but you are in the right place for guidance and support!

Have you seen your GP since the feelings have worsened? I would recommend that you let them know how things are and they should be able to put you on the road to getting better.

I, and I suspect, many here can relate to your feelings, so don't feel like you're the only one suffering. So do keep posting and sharing your thoughts, together we can get through it all!!!

clio51
11-10-12, 16:09
maybe your meds are no longer working for you, if you have beeb on the same one.:bighug1:

Laurenita
11-10-12, 16:13
I get this a lot, my anxiety always seems to make me wee :( Obviously the meds is the first area you need to look at, as you said you've been okay for a number of years, I'm presuming? You just need to remember that it is a phase and that you WILL get better. I know it's easier said than done, just as it's easier to advice than take advice but just embrace your fear. If something's going to happen, it's going to happen anyway; regardless of your worry or not. So just try and relax and breathe :) If you've been happy before, you can be happy again :) xox

white43
11-10-12, 18:08
I am an only child. I was always a nervy child and eager to please others. In my mid 20's I started getting horrible panic attacks, I used to rush myself to hospital only to find out it was panic. I am now 38 and have been on medication for around 11 years. About 2 weeks ago I started to feel rough, kind of like a had a stomach bug. Well now I feel like I am back to where I started. I cant travel anywhere, scared to even walk downstairs, entire body is aching, want to cry but cant for some reason, keep having to go to the toilet for a wee, sleeping fully clothed as scared I may need to leave my bedroom quickly. So here I am typing this in my bedroom. I have a teenage daughter who I really don't want her to see me in this way, she will be back from school soon. How can I get better?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hi Godzilla,

I'm an only child as well. Lonely wasn't it?

I went through horrible panic attacks and anxiety in my early 20's. My mother got me to read 'Self help for your nerves' by Dr Claire Weekes. It opened my eyes and I never looked back. The book is so easy to read and it helps you understand what is happening to you. I'm 37 now and I've never been as bad as I was since then, since reading that book.

Stress and anxiety make you need the lavvie all the time - this is normal.

Do you use any form of supplementation? What is your diet like?

Godzilla
11-10-12, 18:08
Thank you all for such great replies.

I really do not know what has brought it on as I was ok about 2 weeks ago? Things I can think of are......I was in a 5 year r'ship up until Jan this year. Feb this year I moved in to a rented house by myself, oh and my dog in to a Town I don't know! Aug' this year, my Grandmother passed away at 95. I was very close to her as I am from a tiny family. I started seeing my neighbour a few months ago. She is a lovely girl, very kind and caring. She has a 4 year old daughter who is rather hardwork.

Sensations are this....

Keep laying on the floor and want to be left alone.
Don't want to even go outside
Keep getting these really hot spells, kind of like acid is running through my body
Feel dizzy
Keep needing a wee
Not hungry

The thought of even going in to a supermarket is just so scary now and this is what annoys me as 2 weeks ago I was walking around my local one with no troubles :shrug:

white43
11-10-12, 18:13
Thank you all for such great replies.

I really do not know what has brought it on as I was ok about 2 weeks ago? Things I can think of are......I was in a 5 year r'ship up until Jan this year. Feb this year I moved in to a rented house by myself, oh and my dog in to a Town I don't know! Aug' this year, my Grandmother passed away at 95. I was very close to her as I am from a tiny family. I started seeing my neighbour a few months ago. She is a lovely girl, very kind and caring. She has a 4 year old daughter who is rather hardwork.

Sensations are this....

Keep laying on the floor and want to be left alone.
Don't want to even go outside
Keep getting these really hot spells, kind of like acid is running through my body
Feel dizzy
Keep needing a wee
Not hungry

The thought of even going in to a supermarket is just so scary now and this is what annoys me as 2 weeks ago I was walking around my local one with no troubles :shrug:

All the things you've experienced this year have totally worn out your nerves and you're now suffering from depression as a result of it. That's the truth. There has been a bereavement, relationship end, house move, new relationship - I can't remember where I read this, but there was a scale once and at least two of the things you mention would be under the category of high stress.

Godzilla
11-10-12, 19:42
All the things you've experienced this year have totally worn out your nerves and you're now suffering from depression as a result of it. That's the truth. There has been a bereavement, relationship end, house move, new relationship - I can't remember where I read this, but there was a scale once and at least two of the things you mention would be under the category of high stress.

Thank you. Ok this makes a bit of sense now. Why did it not hit straight away though? Also what can I do about it......Do I need to rest or do I need to try my best and carry on as normal?

I take 1 good Multi-Vit tab per day, 1 Zinc tab, 1 Magnesium tab and 1 sachet of 50mg of Testosterone as I was prescribed this when I had my bloods done last year and they found out my Testosterone levels were very low, same as an 82 year old Man!! They think this is due to long term SSRI use as been on Citolopram for 11 years, dose ranging from 60-40mg. I love to eat well but cant eat as don't feel hungry at the moment and a bit sick. I have managed to eat some oats today though.