PDA

View Full Version : Are my intrusive thoughts normal?

hannah26
11-10-12, 17:23
Hello,

Ok so as a lot of you know I have been having weird thoughts since starting Citalopram 3 and a bit weeks ago.
You have all been so great giving me advice and positive comments. I really appreciate it.
The only thing tat concerns me a little is that my intrusive thoughts seem to be different to other peoples, Now dont get me wrong I totally understand that we are all different and that we all have different anxieties and fears, but I just feel that my thoughts are different and wierder than most peoples.
Some of you may know the types of thoughts that I have been having but for those that dont here they are
Fear of the physical world, earth and how big it is
Fear of the sky and how big it is and it just goes on and on
Fear of losing control worrying thinking about the world
Fear of alwasy ahving these thoughts and never being normal again
Fear of whats beneath me ie: the earths just goes down and down until you reach the other side and that seems scary to me!!

I cant work out why I have been having these thoughts the only thing I can think of is that it is side effects as it all came on so suddenly.
I am in the circle zone now where there thoughts keep coming and it seems like it will never stop and that I will always feel scared of the world.
Sorry Im just feeling a little down because I am tired and feeling a bit sorry for myself because Im ill.
Its just I feel like I have more extreme intrusive thoughts than everyone elses, I know that its not true and we probably all feel like that. Again Im sorry Im bing stupid but I just need a little reassurance sometimes.
I just dont know what to do to get myself out of this funk that Im in, I a trying to distract but it feels like I can for a little while and then it starts all over again. The thoughts dont go away completely and its different to any anxiousness that I have ever felt before.
When will these meds kick in!!! Its so frustrating!!

Sending love and hugs to you all!! :hugs:
Hannah x x

loopylu86
11-10-12, 17:35
Would you describe the feeling as really overwhelming? I describe the feeling as the same as when you wake in the night as a child and you are trembling with fear for no official reason. Just that uneasiness and fear of the big world.
I woke this morning and due to having blackout curtains and it being about 7 and raining it was pitchblack...In the instance and for a minute or so i felt like I was in oblivian. I could hear but not see or make sense of anything. In that instance I wasn't even aware of existance if you get me? It was the most disturbing and scary thing I have ever felt. I also worry that this is permanent...and I don't get the "usual" disturbing thoughts like harmimg others or driving my car off the road etc. I can totally relate to this alien sensation you are getting...like when you think of the world and the universe and what's beyond the universe and the feeling builds and builds and your stomach flips and your mind can no longer make sense of it...like that mirror within a mirror effect....just something going on forever. These feelings are the scariest x

Michaela2012
11-10-12, 18:21
Believe me, my intrusive thoughts r weirder! Ive Neva seen anyone write about thoughts I have but I think it just generally different depending on different peoples experiences x

Harley
11-10-12, 19:35
I used to be convinced that my thoughts were true as I never seemed to find anyone with the same thoughts as me. But believe me they are all just anxiety thoughts. I certainly used to have a fear of the fact that I would always have the thoughts. As hard as it is, the best way to deal with them is to give them no attention, the more attention and the more you react to them the stronger they will become. Once you get your anxiety level down you will find that the thoughts will disappear. And trust me, you will not have them forever.