PDA

View Full Version : 2 years free then this

Jaco45er
11-10-12, 19:46
Good evening good people

After overcoming anxiety and panic 2 years ago,after 15 years of mild to moderate anxiety issues, I am finding its all creeping back in, tight chest, stressing at little things, you know the drill.

I tried many things when I was ill, but the jackpot for me was exercise. However I am covering over 100 miles a week cycling but still can't seem to halt these feelings.

I am far far from meltdown, only felt bad for a few days, but I was wondering if anyone else has had a "wobble" after anxiety free long periods of time, and did it pass as quick as it came?

Jaco

loopylu86
11-10-12, 19:57
I had a 9 month period in 07 and exercise was the key for me..Hence why I started with a small walk today. My anxiety and panic returned after a recent bereavement and a very stressful year. During the 4 odd years anxiety-free period I did have the occasional day but what you are doing is right you are continuing with your daily routine. Kepp doing what you are doing and try not to pay it attention. I wish when I had the first panic attack this time around on 6th august that I had not came home to bed in fear...I would not of gotten so lost and deeply back in the mindset..I am now clawing my way back out. Avoid any connection to it. Avoid!! Anxiety doesn't deserve any power!!!

nomorepanic
11-10-12, 20:16
Hey Steve

I am like you and pretty much anxiety free but sometimes it creeps back just to remind you it is there lurking.

I have had a bad few days recently due to being stressed out over various things and over-tired.

It does pass, you just have to remind yourself you are not back at square one it is just a blip.

Jaco45er
11-10-12, 20:47
Thank you for the reply loopy, right you are.

Nic lass, you live with Alex, you are bound to have those days ;) xxx

nomorepanic
11-10-12, 21:03
Hahaha I can't blame him lol

Wolfie
11-10-12, 21:29
Jaco!

Yes, I've found that I have little relapses when I can feel all the anxieties creeping in and trying to get a hold on me again.

Just remember the last two years and always remind yourself that you've beat this before, you can do it and it will pass. Try not to give it the attention it doesn't deserve.

You'll be alright punk :P

Hope you're feeling tons better soon,

Wolfie

bluesparkle
11-10-12, 21:32
jaco
i am also what i would class as recovered in many ways but still get these times where it comes back.
i agree with nic it is just reminding us its there or its showing us just how far we have actually come.
it does pass ...
rach
x

Laura123
11-10-12, 21:33
my cbt therapist told me that i need to accept that this is who i am, that some people are just made to be anxious, but thats ok, we find our ways to cope and ride it out, if you did it once, you will do it again. I think everyone gets ups and downs but when you have been through panic and anxiety you instantly freak and think, OMG here we go again. Dont slip into the circle. x

Jaco45er
13-10-12, 04:50
Thank you for the reply Laura. Rach and wee wolfie good to see you again :). 4:45 am on a Saturday morn and had about an hours sleep but to be expected I suppose, I always did get Insomia with anxiety. Just a blip, I am sure :)

Tufty
13-10-12, 06:48
I'm riding out a blip again after 7 years pretty much anxiety free, this year has been a rollercoaster. Crashed at the beginning of the year but 2 weeks ago I was feeling great, got a virus - going though a very stressful time at work and wham the insomnia and panic is back. Like you say just a blip but experience can teach us that we will get over it, it is unpleasant (to say the least) but we've done it before and will again x