PDA

View Full Version : mouth irritation/gum abrasions?? please help!

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 01:00
Hi, to start off, im a pothead and i just quit smoking cigarettes about two weeks ago.smoked for 2 years. My mouth looks very veiny, more than a normal person's. There are white streaks on each side of the bottom part of my mouth and they are also red and just a little purple...my dad says its because i brush my gums, my mom seems to think the same, like a bruised them because something somewhat similar has happened to her in the past. there seems to be small redish orange lumps on my throat but i can swallow and its not unbearably sore. There are no lesions, just some discomfort. I also do not have any STDS as far as i know, i was checked recently and the only guy ive been with since is my bf and he says hes ok too, but ya never know with guys..he hasnt been in for a couple of months and i found out that he might be cheating on me. SO, im very stressed out about this please just help me. im begging at this point hahaha.

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 01:32
Hi, to start off, im a pothead and i just quit smoking cigarettes about two weeks ago.smoked for 2 years. My mouth looks very veiny, more than a normal person's. There are white streaks on each side of the bottom part of my mouth and they are also red and just a little purple...my dad says its because i brush my gums, my mom seems to think the same, like a bruised them because something somewhat similar has happened to her in the past. there seems to be small redish orange lumps on my throat but i can swallow and its not unbearably sore. There are no lesions, just some discomfort. I also do not have any STDS as far as i know, i was checked recently and the only guy ive been with since is my bf and he says hes ok too, but ya never know with guys..he hasnt been in for a couple of months and i found out that he might be cheating on me. SO, im very stressed out about this please just help me. im begging at this point hahaha.

Are you for real? Just joined, a self confessed pothead and cannabis is well know as a cause of paranoia and to top it all you finish your post saying quote "hahaha" unquote.

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 02:09
I know it causes paranoia thank you very much im truly very concerned

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 02:11
I know it causes paranoia thank you very much im truly very concerned

OK fine but why the quote "hahaha" unquote?

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 02:17
nervous habit

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 02:25
OK. I can relate to that. Try and be a bit calmer abuut it as your original post does come across as flippant.

Right let us see what we can sort out. Please do not do as you have been doing sitting there just looking and taking ages to answer. I have no idea where in the USA you are so no idea of your time there but I am in England and it is 2:25am here. No problem I am here to advise the best I can for as long as it takes.

So a few questions.

1. How long have you had these symptoms?

2. Have you seen your Doctor or any Doctor about them?

3. If not is there a Doctor you can see now or an ER you can go to to have them look at your problem?

Gordon

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 02:57
Ok. i first noticed it about a week ago. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning i was just curious if anyone had seen anything like it before thats all. Also, just an FYI its about 9:00 pm where im at in America, so no im not losing sleep

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 03:04
Ok. i first noticed it about a week ago. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow morning i was just curious if anyone had seen anything like it before thats all. Also, just an FYI its about 9:00 pm where im at in America, so no im not losing sleep

Mid West to West then. Cool.

So is your appointment now today or is that still not till Saturday?

Are you on any medication and/or got any other problems mental and/physical health wise?

Gordon

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 03:07
My doctors appointment isnt until tomorrow morning at 11:30 am, the only mental issue i would say i have is hypochondria/anxiety at this point but i am not on any presciption meds at all, no

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 03:17
My doctors appointment isnt until tomorrow morning at 11:30 am, the only mental issue i would say i have is hypochondria/anxiety at this point but i am not on any presciption meds at all, no

OK so not that long to go. I suggest you try and put it out of your mind. You have coped so far and you should be proud you have done that. Try and chill and do the things you love to do and not worry about it. Let us know what the Doctor says.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 03:22
Thank you :]

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 03:27
Thank you :]

You are very welcome. Now get off here so you do not look for other probs to worry about, do not google, chill, then come back after you see the Doctor and tell us the result.

Take care.

:bighug1::bighug1::bighug1::bighug1:

Gordon

lilmisstweeker93
12-10-12, 19:04
You are very welcome. Now get off here so you do not look for other probs to worry about, do not google, chill, then come back after you see the Doctor and tell us the result.

Take care.

Gordon

Ok, so I went to the doctor today but i did not mention my gums, i had other personal issues that needed answering and they were resolved, everything looks normal, my glands are swollen but because i have a slight cold right now. That explains the small amount of discomfort in my throat. a family friend who is a dentist looked in my mouth today, and she says that there seems to be no abnormalities :yesyes: it is likely and irritation from the toothpaste ive been using, and the bristles on my toothbrush are too rough on my mouth.