PDA

View Full Version : Convinced i'm having an heart attack

FayeM567
12-10-12, 03:11
Hi, I would really appreciate some help. I am freaking out right now. I've got pains in my chest and my arms are hurting and i'm feeling dizzy. I want to call an ambulance, but, i'm staying at my mother's house tonight and she's insisting that it's just an anxiety attack and if I waste the ambulance services time she won't speak to me. But, i'm convinced something's wrong, this doesn't feel like any anxiety attack i've had before. Anyone got any advice!!!

fozzy is crying
12-10-12, 03:25
Hi, I would really appreciate some help. I am freaking out right now. I've got pains in my chest and my arms are hurting and i'm feeling dizzy. I want to call an ambulance, but, i'm staying at my mother's house tonight and she's insisting that it's just an anxiety attack and if I waste the ambulance services time she won't speak to me. But, i'm convinced something's wrong, this doesn't feel like any anxiety attack i've had before. Anyone got any advice!!!

The emergency services, out of hours Doctors service or NHS Direct will tell you only one thing. Chest pains you ring 999.

It is wasting no ones time.

JoannaS
12-10-12, 06:56
Are you ok now?

FayeM567
12-10-12, 07:30
Yeah, I think so, all the pain is gone now anyway and i've been to sleep. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP to talk about my anxiety though, i'm getting out of control with it.

JoannaS
12-10-12, 10:56
I remember my first panic attack - I thought I was having a heart attack, so scary. I kept getting pains in my chest area a while back and I ended up seeing a cardiologist, had ECG, echocardiogram and a 24 hour tape monitoring my heart rate. Anyway, they all came back normal and it was a relief but it didn't last long. I keep getting twinges now and think oh no something's wrong but have to try and convince myself it's just due to anxiety or even gas sometimes!

I hope you feel better after going to the doc's, let me know how you get on. x