PDA

View Full Version : Hair appointment

almamatters
12-10-12, 07:30
Not had much sleep as have got hairdresser appointment this afternoon, first one since January. Been worried about going since last time had a major panic attack over the hair dye that she put on. Have asked for just highlights as then they don't have to touch the scalp do they? Have got to get it done, looks a right state but don't want to freak the hairdresser out like last time:scared15:
Weird this is have been dying my hair myself for past 10 years and never suffered a reaction!! Stupid anxiety.

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 ----------

might cancel, legs starting to wobble just thinking about it.

Laura123
12-10-12, 08:24
I know how you feel. I cancelled mine a few weeks ago too x

Tufty
12-10-12, 08:42
I read somewhere that customers often panic when having their hair done and that hairdressers are used to it - so don't worry about them - concentrate on you. If you really can't face it today that's OK, you'll know when you're ready (and your hair will remind you every time you look in the mirror too:D) You would feel better if you could make it today but don't beat yourself up about it. It's sometimes a sign of strength and shows insight into your emotions to not do something - you won't have failed, you've just recognised that today is not the best day to have it done.

I didn't have my hair done for over a year but can again now without any problem - I did resort to dyeing it at home, lots of accessories - scarves, clips etc and cut my own fringe on occasion - you could discover your artistic side or become a hippy :D
Good luck and well done if you do
and don't fret if you don't make it - it's no biggy in the great scheme of things
Take care
Sam

almamatters
12-10-12, 12:02
am going to go to appointment, just spoke to hairdresser who was understanding and said not to worry and that the highlights will not touch my scalp, so no chance of reaction. Still worried but going to go :unsure:

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 ----------

thanks for your responses and advice