PDA

View Full Version : About to go shopping - scared!

JoannaS
12-10-12, 11:02
So, I though I'd treat myself to a day off work today an go on a bit of a shopping spree. But coincidentally, all my usual anxiety symptoms are playing up and now I'm worried it's going to ruin what was supposed to be a nice day for me. I've got a pain in my head, feeling a bit dizzy and fuzzy-headed. I'm hoping it won't be too busy out, I could never go on a weekend, too many people for my liking!

Anyway, wish me luck, I hope I come back in one piece and don't have to cut it short to drive home like a maniac! :blush:

Annie0904
12-10-12, 11:23
I hope you have a good day...think of it as retail therapy :)

MRS STRESS ED
12-10-12, 11:56
GOOD LUCK shopping my nightmare but i keep going carnt avoid it i hope it goes well for you and buy yourself something nice that might help xxxxxxxxxxxx

BobbyDog
12-10-12, 12:07
I find shopping a bit overwhelming, too much for my senses to take in all at once.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy it.:D

paranoidtree
12-10-12, 12:18
good luck, hope you buy yourself lots of beautiful things to distract from how you are feeling :hugs:

JoannaS
12-10-12, 15:02
Thanks guys! I'm back now, wasn't too bad. More disappointed that I didn't get much! I was contemplating doing the Tesco shop on my own but think that's enough for one day. I feel exhausted! x

Annie0904
12-10-12, 15:05
Well done Joanna :yahoo:

MRS STRESS ED
12-10-12, 15:53
you done really well :yesyes:

JoannaS
12-10-12, 16:08
Thank you :) I just want to sleep now though :sleep: May have a nap before my next expedition tonight - a stand up show!

Annie0904
12-10-12, 16:15
I always feel exhausted after I have been out somewhere. Enjoy tonight!

JoannaS
13-10-12, 15:22
Well, the show was a pretty good experience in the end. When we sat down for the first half hour, I was all jittery - couldn't sit still, was playing with anything I could get my hands on, swinging my leg all over the place and kept getting that dizzy sensation like I was going to fall. But then after a couple of glasses of wine I was absolutely fine and really enjoyed it. Just goes to show it's all in my head as the alcohol calmed me down. Obviously it isn't the answer but at least I know there's not anything physically wrong with me. Just need to be able to get into that calm state of mind on my own without the help of wine!